What's new

OZ: I tried I really Did (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I've finally given up this series and it truely pains me to do so, almost as much as I was saddened to give up Homicide after Braugher left. This is the second time I gave up on the show, the first after the ridiculous Aging drug storyline, the same year they put chinese americans in OZ , the show was getting way too whacked out. Years 1-3 are were damn good, but now we have the idiocy of the Governer sending the Mayor to OZ to be safe ! The place with more murders than anything??? But the Capper what finally made me reach for the stop button on my Tivo.. because of the Mayor scandel the Governer wants to improve the image of OZ by having death Row inmates pose in various state of Beefcake for a spread in Maxim ! Good God almighty Tom Fontana what has become of you ? Oz was never realism 101 but it at least was'nt looney. All this Miss Sally stuff and now this! Enough... I'm sad I won't learn the fate of Beecher et all but I cannot waste time on the Drivel Oz has become.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I agree Dave. The two story lines you mentioned were enough to tell me that the writers had run out of ideas and I needed to take my viewing time elsewhere. :frowning:

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well OZ was never realistic, you'd never see a prison where the prisoners have such free reign or guards all turn their backs, I'm not looking for realism, but utter stupidity like the Maxim storyline I just cannot take. There are so many other ways you can take these prisoners stories, the inter gang stuff was fascinating the new storylines are dumb

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
'Tis true, sadly.

I was/am a huge fan of the series, but the past couple of seasons have just been beyond horrid. Fontana actually had the chutzpah to predict he'd eventually be labeled "prescient" re: the aging pill storyline. Hey, Tom, how about the label of "hack" that's currently circulating?

Depressingly, the final season has been among the worst. The obnoxious behavior of Kirk was so overplayed and dumb that I was begging to see him suffer. (At least that paid off.)

Honestly, are we expected to suspend disbelief to the point that we nod our heads to...

1. The tyrannical Governor putting the Mayor in Oz for (lol) safekeeping? As if Glynn has even an ounce of control over the asylum?

2. That the Church would actually take the word of a Death Row inmate and suspend the Reverend? Uh-huh.

3. That somehow an inmate would be allowed to roam freely in the same vicinity as a civilian? (In the case of Beecher's Dad getting offed.)

Next week looks to be even worse: Is Beecher so rock-stupid that after ALL he's been through in Oz, he would risk going back to run an illegal errand for Keller?

Hell, after 50 episodes, I'm not going to quit now, but I wish Fontana had preserved his sense of self-evaluation.

As for the Death Row photo shoot: Bennetton did something similar in 2000. And I must admit, I cracked a smile when, two days after that ep. aired, I got a new Maxim magazine in the mail, and guess what? There was a photo layout with Meloni, Evan Seinfeld, and Scott Winters.

Now that's synergy. :)

DeeF

Screenwriter
Ok, I'd like to know if it has ever happened that a VISITOR to a prison (like somebody's lawyer) was killed by a prisoner. When Beecher's father took a knife, I just thought it was ridiculously wrong. I'm still watching, barely, because I know it's the end, and I want to see how everybody gets it, in the end.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well when Beecher's father got it the guard ran away from the situation, since it's inferred every guard in this place is dirty, he was paid to look the other way and let the prisoner in there. It's just all very unbelievable, but less so than some of the ridiculous story lines they've done

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
since it's inferred every guard in this place is dirty, he was paid to look the other way and let the prisoner in there.
Not quite... the guard in question was Lopresti who a) sympathizes with the Aryans (though isn't one like Metzger) and b) hates Beecher and Keller.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks