What's new
World Wide Stereo

Overscan with Philips (1 Viewer)

Bryan_L

Auditioning
I recently bought a Philips 26" LCD TV (26PF5321D/37). When I'm watching video in 720p, there is a bit of overscan. I don't know if there is for SD programming or for 1080i. I understand that this can only be adjusted in the service menu, but the problem is that I don't know how to access the service menu or the particular option that allows me to modify the overscan. I know that a 3-5% range is optimal, so I'm not going to try to get it to 0% or something. So my question is, how can I access the service menu, and how can I adjust the overscan? Thank you.

728x90

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
hi

I suggest you purchase a service manual to try to give you a little bit of guidance.

Personally, I would not attempt to adjust any overscan parameters, without considering 1 to 1 pixal mapping, AND having an appropriate signal generator to tell you where you are at.

Regards

Gregg

Bryan_L

Auditioning
Thank you for responding. I've tried to find a service manual for this TV, but I can't. None of the sites that I go to have one available. Oh and I don't even know what 1 to 1 pixel mapping is or what signal generators are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks