Overscan with Philips

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bryan_L, May 20, 2006.

1. Bryan_L

Bryan_L Auditioning

I recently bought a Philips 26" LCD TV (26PF5321D/37). When I'm watching video in 720p, there is a bit of overscan. I don't know if there is for SD programming or for 1080i. I understand that this can only be adjusted in the service menu, but the problem is that I don't know how to access the service menu or the particular option that allows me to modify the overscan. I know that a 3-5% range is optimal, so I'm not going to try to get it to 0% or something. So my question is, how can I access the service menu, and how can I adjust the overscan? Thank you.

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    hi

I suggest you purchase a service manual to try to give you a little bit of guidance.

Personally, I would not attempt to adjust any overscan parameters, without considering 1 to 1 pixal mapping, AND having an appropriate signal generator to tell you where you are at.

Regards

Gregg

3. Bryan_L

Bryan_L Auditioning

Thank you for responding. I've tried to find a service manual for this TV, but I can't. None of the sites that I go to have one available. Oh and I don't even know what 1 to 1 pixel mapping is or what signal generators are.