What's new

OUTLAW owners................ (1 Viewer)

Mark Condon

Auditioning
I ordered the Receiver and Amp yesterday. I am upgrading from a Sony STR DE935 110 watt (over rated) receiver. From everything I have read I should be happy with the new setup. I have a Klipsch center, Wharfdale fronts, and Infinity rears, with a Klipsch 12" sub. So my speakers should handle the Amp.
I would like the Outlaw owners here to post their thoughts on their Outlaw equipment. And owners who upgraded from just a receiver to the amp are especially wanted.
Thx!
Mark Condon
------------------
Link Removed

mctague

Stunt Coordinator
I really like my amp, and my father likes the receiver I got him. Little help I know, but you might want to surf the archives here. Lots of receiver praise...

Frank Frandsen

Stunt Coordinator
The Outlaw frenzy seems to have died down on this board. Last year Outlaw was being praised more than SVS is now.
IMO
Frank
Sorry, no helpful info. Waiting to see there upcoming pre/pro

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Well, I recently read an interview with Brent Butterworth and he said he loved the Outlaw. I have tremendous respect for Brent's judgement. He was the editor in chief of Home Theater mag when it was a great mag -- not the disappointment it is now.
His comment alone started me taking a look at the new Outlaw pre/pro when it's released.

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,
I've had my 1050 for about 2 mons now. My opinion is that you can't do much better than the 1050 unless you go to, e.g., the Onkyo 787 or Denon 3801/3802 class or above. These units are substantially more $$ unless you find a great deal.
I'm seriously thinking about adding the 750 amp to complement my system.
I'd definitely like to know your impressions of the combo when you get it set up.
JR

ErichH

Screenwriter
I chose the 1050 OVER the 787 and 3801 . I owned all 3 for a short period and prefered the Outlaw to the others . I think the only thing I'm without is the ES / EX capability of the Denon .
This is not missed yet , because I only have a few titles that allow the rear channel mix .
For me - the Outlaw has clean/consistant power without all the frills and never used modes on the other recievers . I love the simple design . Outlaws customer service is well documented here - the best in the business . I've been dreaming about their New PrePro/7 Chan Amp/ICBM combo - at around 3000.00 for all . That's about the same budjet as a new TV for me this year , so it will be a tough decision .
The real power in the Outlaw(65 per) is comparable to the inflated power rating in the others . This was 1 of many things that made me feel the Outlaw was the right choice for my system .
At first , I let the price of the 1050 fool me - I assumed it was just a cheap entry level reciever - now I know better .
Best Luck
Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks