What's new

Outlaw A/V Receivers What happened? (1 Viewer)

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
OK, I admit to not following the Outlaw bit that much over the last while, but I had been mulling over getting the 1050 Receiver.

So I was a little surprised to hit the website today to find it discontinued. Have they replaced it with anything? I could not find any hits of upcoming or replacement products on the site.

If it is being replaced by something new, why wasn't the 950 phased out first? IIRC, the 950 pre/pro has been out a lot longer then the 1050 A/V....

Curious minds would like to know....

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
The 1050 (note that it doesn't have DPL 2, DTS neo, DTS-ES, or DD-EX {they had their own proprietary version}) came out quite a bit before the 950, the first product they came out with was the 750 amp, then the 1050. I'm with you on this one as I was shocked that they discontinued the 1050 before coming out with a replacement model.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Ok, so the 1050 is the older model. Guess that would be my bad then. For some reason I thought I could remember a big buz about it last year.

So anyone here anything about a possible replacement?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Lance look into the new Yamaha RX-V1400/2400 receviers before buying from across the border. Though Outlaw makes some nice stuff, much less hassle if you can deal with a local dealer. The new Yammies are loaded with features at an excellent price.

Kevin

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Kevin, very nice specs on those receivers. I might just have to see who has them in the GTA, and what sort of prices I can get. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone know how they might sound with PSB Alpha B or T speakers? Better yet, any show rooms that can let me demo them?

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Kromer Radio or Bay Bloor would be your best bets. I picked mine up at East Hamilton Radio. Makes an excellent pre/pro. From everything I've read Yamaha has improved the sonics removing what some people call "bright" when paired with certain speakers.

Kevin

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
Thanks Kevin, those were the two names that came to my mind as well. Guess it is about time to see what is left in the old wallet. Christmas and car repairs... ouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks