What's new

Outlaw 950 news (1 Viewer)

Razvan V

Stunt Coordinator
This is from the forum at www.outlawaudio.com:
"Will the 950 have a 5 channel stereo mode similar to Denon or Onkyo?
Scott
Administrator posted December 06, 2001 03:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since it has been previously announced that it would not, you can be the first to know it will offer a five/seven channel stereo mode (depending on speaker configuration).
Scott "

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
More features and more delays most likely. Who wants to make a bet that no one here on the HTF will have an Outlaw in their hands come Christmas?

J

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
What does Christmas have to do with anything? Alot of guys have put a time frame on when you want to purchase your next upgrade. Many have put X-mas as the time. Use what you have, and a few more months will not kill you will it? You have waited this long right?

Im waiting as well and may wait longer to see how it sounds and its reliability. My Denon is doing the trick, even though I want to go to seperates in a bad way. I'd rather have the outlaw 950 jammed back and bug free before it comes to my house, what about you?

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
Many people get an extended holiday vacation at Christmas time. It would be nice to have some quality time with your new equipment.
Kevin C. :)

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Use what you have, and a few more months will not kill you will it? You have waited this long right?
Right now what I have is air on shelf number 5, as well as shelf 1 and 2. I also have air at speaker positions 1-5. Shelves 1 and 2 as well as speaker positions 1 and 2 should be filled by Christmas. If I don't have an Outlaw 950 on shelf 5 by then, it'll have to be another controller, as it will be necessary to audition all the other newcomers.
I agree that for those who have a currently operational system, it is not as urgent to obtain the 950 ASAP. OTOH, folks have been waiting through a number of 950 delays already.
One can only hope... :rolleyes:
Doug

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Todd, you're being a little harsh (IMO) towards those who have waited through one or two delays already. The Christmas deadline was stated by Outlaw not the forum.

David Werner

Stunt Coordinator
Ron- You are right.
(OK, we may miss the first night of Hanukkah on Sunday, December 9th, but we'll be ready in time for you to welcome Santa with a full 7.1 surround demo on Christmas Eve instead of milk and cookies!)
Still waiting here too. Had spent the money that was going to go to the Outlaw on new speakers (I couldn't go by the dates presented based on past history). I'm really hoping this product delivers as it may be a purchase anyways for me come 2002.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
This delay isn't bad even now.

The successor to the Sony TA-E9000ES, the rumoured E10S, was supposed to have been out this year, then next year, but now there are rumors it won't be until 2003! If that is really true, sort of makes it irrelevant I would think.

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,

I have been awaiting this as long as everyone else. Sorry if It came across harsh. I switched to Sanka Decaf

Todd

J

John Morris

Just look at the promised upgrade to the B&K Reference 30... how many deadlines has B&K missed? And now, the $800 upgrade may not even happen with the expected release of a new B&K pre/pro come CES 2002? How pissed must those folks be who paid $2400 for their pre/pro and now B&K refuses to support them after the purchase.

IMO, it would be better for Outlaw to wait and come out with a perfect $900 pre/pro than one which needs to go back for an upgrade or bug fix.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
John,
Your post is exactly why I say that buying a Top O' the Line receiver with the promise of software upgrades (without any past upgrade history) is a giant leap of faith at best and downright foolish at worst! For the price of some of these receivers ($2500-$3000+) one could purchase a used Lexicon and a good 5 channel amp. But hey, if one can afford it and wants it, it's their money. Spend it as they wish!:)
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcvbszdfzsfsa
Recent bookmarks