1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Friendly Outlaw 950 news/updates!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Harley, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Harley

Harley Stunt Coordinator

I visit this site several times a day looking for any information about the Outlaw 950.
    This site has a wealth of information pertaining to all forms of home theater equipment and it is a shame that a thread gets shutdown because of a couple of clowns.
    The fact that some of the beta testers for the 950 happen to be connected to Home Theater Forum has absolutely no bearing on my decision of whether or not to purchase Outlaw, the reason the majority of people lurk or participate in these forums is to learn (investigate the good or bad merits of a product they're interested in) I personally have become more educated about home theater from reading people's firsthand opinions about equipment they have had time to live with, and it is very frustrating when you get children arguing back and forth, if you have something to report that you feel is relevant, please do Only Once!
    So please if you have any information (relevant) concerning the Outlaw 950 let us know, and try to keep it FRIENDLY.
    Harley

2. Jody C Robins

Jody C Robins Stunt Coordinator

One of the guys ("turbo" at the Outlaw forum) who got one of the defective units has received his fixed unit. As of now he has not posted any further info.

3. Harley

Harley Stunt Coordinator

I contacted customer support at Outlaw about unrelated questions to the 950, during our conversation the Tech (Scott) informed me that by next Tuesday Outlaw would be sending out e-mails to everyone on the waiting list, he would not divulge everything but he did say that Outlaw was going to give everyone an idea where they are on the list and an estimation of when to expect to be notified for their order.

Also, although it's been reported and not confirmed by an official notification he told me that the problems with the 950 are history.

Harley

4. Vishwa Somayaji

Vishwa Somayaji Stunt Coordinator

Thanks, Harley. That is indeed good news. I just wish they(outlaw) made some announcement about this.

5. John Cain

John Cain Second Unit

Fantastic news Harley!! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I can't wait to get my 950 and start listening to music, and listening to movies in 7.1!!

Take care,

-- John

6. John Morris

John Morris Guest

7. Serge Breton

Serge Breton Supporting Actor

it's coming by the end of the month, i can feel it!

8. Patrick R. Sklenar

Patrick R. Sklenar Second Unit

I see that Bob L has already started a new thread here on HTF about this, but I thought I'd make a note in here for those who are subscribed to this thread but haven't had a chance to visit HTF yet ...
    Outlaw has sent out a mailing, as far as I understand, to everyone on the waiting list for the Model 950 Pre/Pro. However, in case there's someone reading here who isn't on that list, or hasn't received it for some reason or another ... someone posted the full text of the email over on the Outlaw Saloon in this thread.