What's new

Oskar Schindler - a question about historical accuracy. (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I watched Schindler's List today. I vaguely remember some controversy back in 1993 about how relatives of Schindler believed that the film misrepresented the man. That there were relevant, negative things the film didn't touch upon. I can't remember anything more, or whether any of this is true. Does anyone know of any links about the real man, and whether there was any truth to these rumours?
I was aso quite surprised about how good my VHS copy looks. The clearest, most detailed VHS picture I have seen. And the Pro Logic soundtrack was wonderful. Williams' score is haunting and beautiful.
The most moving film I've seen. Remarkable.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Here is a very interesting arcticle by Herbert Steinhouse. It is the only early reportage that includes direct contemporary interviews with Schindler himself, as well as with Itzhak Stern. It is from 1949.
Thomas Keneally, the author of the book Schindler's List from 1982 on which Spielberg based his movie (Keneally himself called it a novel because of the invented dialouge), did not know this article IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks