Opinions Needed Please

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Papostol, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Papostol

Papostol Auditioning

I'm new here.

I've been debating for a while now about getting a dedicated 2-channel power amp for my NHT 2.5i main speakers.

I have a Outlaw Audio 775 (200x5) driving all my speakers now.

I was wondering if and amp under $1,000 will give me much more sound quality than my current set-up. I love to listen to 2-channel music or 5-channel SACD in addition to HT.

Any insights will be appreciated.

Thanks! Peter

2. DanJV

DanJV Extra

That's a mighty good amp. I suppose you could find something that may make a difference (monoblocks), but I wouldn't bet the farm on it without spending a bunch more money.

If you've already got a good pre-pro, then look to upgrade your CD/DVD/SACD/DVD-A player to one with good quality DACs.

3. Papostol

Papostol Auditioning

Thanks Dan. I guess I'm just bittin by the bug and always looking for a marginal upgrade.

I have the Outlaw Pre/Pro and the Sony DVP-999ES SACD.

4. Devin S

Devin S Auditioning

Hi, I was wondering if you used premium RCA cables to conect your new power amp.
    When I first hooked up my amp I must of forgot to replace my tempory RCA interconnects. I had a system short a year later and pulled out all the components and discovered I had cheap interconnects(Not even the same).Iran to the store and bought new ones. It was like I bought a new amp!

DVS.

5. MannyE

MannyE Stunt Coordinator

Manny Elgarresta
    I don't know for sure, but if you scrounge around on audiogon, ebay and even outlaw's own site, you may be able to get a great deal on the outlaw monoblocks that would be a perfect match for your 755.

6. Papostol

Papostol Auditioning

DEVIN-I'm using Synergistic Research cables (entry level)

Manny E - Will the mono blocks provide better SQ than the current situation (755 to the NHTs main and surrounds)?