What's new

Opinions Needed Please (1 Viewer)

Papostol

Auditioning
I'm new here.

I've been debating for a while now about getting a dedicated 2-channel power amp for my NHT 2.5i main speakers.

I have a Outlaw Audio 775 (200x5) driving all my speakers now.

I was wondering if and amp under $1,000 will give me much more sound quality than my current set-up. I love to listen to 2-channel music or 5-channel SACD in addition to HT.

Any insights will be appreciated.

Thanks! Peter

DanJV

Grip
That's a mighty good amp. I suppose you could find something that may make a difference (monoblocks), but I wouldn't bet the farm on it without spending a bunch more money.

If you've already got a good pre-pro, then look to upgrade your CD/DVD/SACD/DVD-A player to one with good quality DACs.

Papostol

Auditioning
Thanks Dan. I guess I'm just bittin by the bug and always looking for a marginal upgrade.

I have the Outlaw Pre/Pro and the Sony DVP-999ES SACD.

Devin S

Auditioning
Hi, I was wondering if you used premium RCA cables to conect your new power amp.
When I first hooked up my amp I must of forgot to replace my tempory RCA interconnects. I had a system short a year later and pulled out all the components and discovered I had cheap interconnects(Not even the same).Iran to the store and bought new ones. It was like I bought a new amp!

DVS.

MannyE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Manny Elgarresta
I don't know for sure, but if you scrounge around on audiogon, ebay and even outlaw's own site, you may be able to get a great deal on the outlaw monoblocks that would be a perfect match for your 755.

Papostol

Auditioning
DEVIN-I'm using Synergistic Research cables (entry level)

Manny E - Will the mono blocks provide better SQ than the current situation (755 to the NHTs main and surrounds)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks