What's new

Opinion on Epson PowerLite 52c SVGA (1 Viewer)

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
this is just for fun, i may play computer games with it just to see what its like, but will definitally use for DVD's in a Dark little or no sunlight room, screen will be about 60-85 inches. this will be my first projector, when i build my house price wont be an option for my theater but for now price matters. I will probably only use for DVD's once or twice a weekend, especially in the winter because I hate cold and me and the GF dont go out much.
thanks

Epson PowerLite 52c SVGA

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
I am wanting any input anyone could give, I havent decided on this projector but I would like to know what people think of it, will it suit my purposes, i really want a projector that will play in widescreen to watch a movie on occasionally, in about 4 more years when I build a house i will spend the money to get a really good one for my dedicated theatre but for now its just gonna be shot on a wall in my basement family room, very little light due to the fact that its a walk out basement, there is a deck that extends 15 feet out above the windows and then BIG trees all around the deck, plus the blinds over the windows, room is about 25x25 with a 7ft ceiling, i just want something to watch really cool movies on during lazy days, I would also like to see what its like when i play some of my favorite computer games, I would like to just hook my PC up to the projector and use the DVD in the PC, i have a high dollar video card with S-video output on it and the PC can be put very close to the projector. If anyone has any ideas for a good projector for this purpose let me know, remember money is a factor right now, dont want to spend more than 1500, might go to 2000 but no higher than that. didnt mean to sound snippity in my last post, but was havin a bad night lastnight. sorry everyone.

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
oh yeah, one of the reasons i would like to use my PC as the A/V source is because My speakers are Klipsch GMX D5.1 PC speakers and the system sounds awesome in this room, keep in mind this theater setup is more or less like me getting a Fix to hold me over till i can build a good one, but im not real familiar with terms like Screen door and rainbow, I know I want at least 1000 lumens and HD and DLP but thats about the extent of my projector knowledge

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Any reason why this particular one and not one of the more popular models that are all the rage right now? Like the X1, Z1, 200/300u and such. Look through the recent threads here, there is an abundance of info on the projectors I've listed that will help, unless of course, you are dead-set on the Epson.

Peace Out~:D

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
not set on anthing, i just looked around and it looked like it would do what i want and was in my pricerange

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The Epson is a native 800x600 resolution projector. You mentioned watching widescreen material (DVD's) and a budget of $1500 but no more than $2000. As far as digital projectors go, the Panasonic L300U would be a better choice for HT and with a native resolution of 960x540, it would yield higher total resolutions compared to the Epson (which would use more of its 4x3 panels to display the black bars). Add to this the clean scaling of the Panasonic due to it being a 1/4HD projector (exactly 1/4 the resolution of HDef 1920x1080) and its higher contrast ratio (which will give better deeper blacks).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks