What's new

Onkyo TXSR604 (1 Viewer)

webanthony

Auditioning
Real Name
anthony
I just picked up a brand new Onkyo TX-SR604 for an amazing price of $330 (including tax!).

It seemed to be such a good price, that i couldnt pass it up. My question is this, since I only had the opportunity to hear it in the store, while I wait for my speakers to come in...is the sound quality good? The main reason I got the receiver was because of the HDMI video and audio switching capabilities. There were no other receivers in my price range (including the HK and Sony) that had this capability, they only had video pass-through (as opposed to full switching).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

ps: If it turns out that its not a good choice, then I will return it.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
Hey there.

May I ask you where you got it for such an amazing price? I am in the market for this exact reciever. It fits all I am looking for perfectly and the price is amazing.

Also, have you used it since you made your post? How is it?

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Hey, I'm also looking at this receiver primarily for the HDMI switching. Are you also saying it will play audio fed to it via HDMI? Looking for something to hook my PS3 to since my current receiver doesn't have enough optical inputs and no HDMI inputs.

Edit: I'm also looking at the Pioneer VSX-1016TXV-K at a similar price.

Scottie

Auditioning
GOOD DAY ALL.. I PURCHASED THE TXSR603 WHICH IS THE SAME UNIT AS THE 604 EXCEPT WITHOUT THE HDMI....ALL I CAN SAY IS AWESOME UNIT FOR A LOWER END PIECE..THE SOUND IS SUPERB AS ARE THE FEATURES..YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY WITH THE UNIT.. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON TO ALL......

johnADA

Stunt Coordinator

A amp, whether its separate or within a receiver has one function. To amplify the informational sound given to it and send it off to the speakers. They aren't suppose to exhibit a sound quality, just amplify what its given. If it adds anything to the sound quality and some do, then its a sonic signature, I call it added by the manufacturer to make their product somewhat different.
But a amp is a amp and should have no tonal additions or subtractions added beyond its amplification job!!!
The more power a amp has, the better it can sustain low frequency's over a not so powerful of and amp to a point!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks