What's new

Onkyo TX-SR602 woes (2 Viewers)

Hello all. I just got an Onkyo SR602 receiver today for the game room, and I'm having a couple of issues with it.

Using the digital outputs on my Pioneer DV-578A universal DVD player, the receiver automatically downsamples stereo 96kHz PPCM tracks to 48kHz, and doesn't play 5.1 PPCM tracks at all. Using the player's downmix function, I can get a DTS 24/96 signal to play the digital outputs on it, but I get an occasional noise over my speakers - what I can only describe to be a chirping sound (this is using the DTS 24/96 track on the Blue Man Group - The Complex DVD-Audio disc). I've tried 3 different coaxial and one optical cables and cleaning the disc, but it hasn't alleviated the problem. It played back properly using the player's analog outputs.

So, to recap:
-PPCM stereo output is automatically downsampled from 96kHz to 48kHz (I checked and double-checked my player's settings to make sure it was sending 96kHz)
-No PPCM surround output
-DTS 24/96 plays digitally, but with errors

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Searched around a bit and it seems the 602 has some Quality Control issues... I'm also getting crackling through the left channel in Dolby Digital and PCM modes, so I suppose I got a defective receiver. What a pain in the neck...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks