What's new

Onkyo TX-DS989 going for $600 at ubid (1 Viewer)

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
hmm MSRP $3200, best deals are $2400, I would say so IF (and it can be a big if) you can stomach not having the warentee honored because, and I could be wrong, ubid is not an authorized onkyo dealer. Onkyo is adiment about this. I have a 989 and I love it.

they go for about $1800-2000 on ebay.

Marc

ken t

Agent
the unit will be shipping from europe. the seller has a yahoo.com email address. note that it is NOT ubid that will be selling you the product. just seems a little risky if you ask me...

a warranty that the manufacturer won't back up and a unit you most likely will not be able to return for exchange...

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
Yep. I would buy it if it was a refurb from Ubid. Their stuff has a 90-day straight warranty. At least you know what kind of protection you are getting, and you know they will not take your money and not ship it to you.

A side note, I saw 2 new Marantz 9200's go for $1100 apiece on Ebay a few weeks back. Low street price on that is $2400. My budget was only $500 for a receiver, but I bid on it anyway and got outbid at the last minute. The seller had like 500+ positive feedback entries. Oh I could kick myself...

AdrianM

Auditioning
I won the auction but... don't worry, according to ubid I have absolutely no obligation to complete the transaction with this seller because it only accepts money transfer and the account in ubid was cancelled because of inaccurate information.

Onkyo TX-DS989 for $600... (sighs)... was a nice dream...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks