What's new

Ong Bak 2 disc SE R4 out on Aug 24 (1 Viewer)

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if there is a Region 0 NTSC version of this availible? I've heard that there are stores in southern California renting Asain imports of this. Renters swear up and down that they are legal but I doubt it is true, as HKFlix doesn't list one and they are usually very complete.

I'm guessing one doesn't exist, but it can't hurt to ask. :)

Jeff Mason

Stunt Coordinator
I don't believe a legit R0 NTSC version WITH English subs exists on DVD, sorry. You could probably get a VCD, though. The R1 DVD is of course cut and has captions for the deaf and hard of hearing instead of proper subtitles. The rental copies you mention are most likely bootlegs as you speculated. I know it's been said many times before, but any reason you can't do a PAL version? Basic region free/PAL converting DVD players are pretty cheap these days. I have the above referenced Australian version myself and it is awesome! I notice EzyDVD in Australia have it on sale for like $14 US shipped right now!

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Jeff, but I was only interested in a Region 0 NTSC copy for a friend. But I'm definately planning on getting a region-free player soon for myself!

Jeff Mason

Stunt Coordinator
Ok then :)!

I'm afraid we got the proverbial shaft in R1 land regarding this film and there isn't an R0 legit version to help you out. I think VCD (as I mentioned earlier) would be the only legit route to get the uncut film with English subs. Bootlegs will continue to be plentiful until the studios who distribute these types of films in North America "get it". Unfortunately this may never happen as Tom Yum Goong (aka "The Protector"), Jaa's follow up film, was released two weeks ago in the U.S. having been shortened by 26 minutes. I'm not holding my breath for the Weinstein Company to include an uncut version on the eventual DVD either.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
I have the austraillian version. As far as I know, its the only way to get the full uncut/unaltered thai version of the flick with english subtitles (the uk version has a new score soundtrack)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks