What's new

One Step Beyond (TV) coming soon (1 Viewer)

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
According to the downloadable DVD list at HomeTheaterInfo, VCI will be releasing Collection 1 of One Step Beyond on July 29. (Their affiliated search engine at Michael's Movie Mayhem brings up this listing). I searched several e-tailer's web sites and so far the only one that seems to be listing it is DVD Empire. Unfortunately they don't show any additional information other than a running time of 324 minutes (12 episodes?).

Does anyone have more info on this release?
• What episodes are included?
• Since it's titled Collection 1, I assume there will be more collections released in the future. Is VCI planning to release the entire series this way (similar to Image Entertainment's Twilight Zone collections)?
• What kind of reputation does VCI have when it comes to quality? If these are released looking like the aforementioned Twilight Zone discs or Something Weird's release of The Veil, I'll be ecstatic. But if I can expect it to look like the abysmally poor five episode disc that Slingshot released in 2000, they may as well forget it.

(Note the image in the IMDB link at Michael's Movie Mayhem shows the Slingshot release — not the listed VCI release.)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I saw this added to DVDEmpire late last week, but I went to VCI's homepage and couldn't find out anything more about it.

Not knowing if this was an "official" release, or instead another "Madacy-type" release of the few episodes available via public domain, I pretty much put it on the back burner until I could find out more.

It's a show that both my wife and her stepdad love, so any info about this release would be appreciated! I'd also like to put up a news item on this at TVShowsOnDVD, IF there is anything substantial to this release. I had always hoped to run into Slingshot's old (now-OOP) release at a decent price, but perhaps now I won't have to worry about that! :)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just got off the phone with VCI and was able to get more info on this release.

The episodes HAVE been restored. And the only extras she knew about were a bio on the host John Newland and trailers for other products.
Their are 4 volumes in Collection one which is 2 discs.
Here are the episodes per volume:

VOL.I- "Delusions"
"Ordeal on Locust St."
"Brain Waves"

VOL.II- "Doomsday"
"The Inheritance"
"The Explorer"

VOL.III- "The Clown"
"Delia"
"House of the Dead"

VOL.IV- "Tidal Wave"
"Anniversary of a Murder"
"To Know The End"

Also, she said another collection will be released in September.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, thanks. May I use that at the site?

When I have time later I'll compare that to an episode guide and see where it falls.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Dave,
you can use the info. I didn't have your email and Gord is away.

Todd

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. I set it up at the site, reformatting your setup just a bit to make it easier to understand (4 "volumes" on 2 discs sounds confusing to me! :) ).

Turns out the "Vol. 4" episodes are from S3, and everything else is from S2. They're all in airdate order, but skip over other episodes. S1 isn't represented at all in this collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks