What's new

One signal into two signals? (1 Viewer)

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
What I have is a dual LNB going into a directv receiver and a directivo. Now that the directivo allows use of two tuners I want to know what I need to split the feed of the signal coming into my directivo to allow the use of both my tuners. I can't just split the feed and I don't want to buy an extra dish with a single LNB.

Al Fischer

Stunt Coordinator
You will need to purchase a 4x4 multi-switch. It will take the two feeds from your Dual LNB, and send those out as four feeds, two for TiVo and one for the other tuner. You will have an additional output for adding a tuner down the road.

To install, you just remove the mutliswitch on the back of your dish and replace with the new 4x4. The mulitswitches sell for $60.00-$100+.

Hope this helps.

Al

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Actually, this would work just fine and it's only $25.50. You don't need a 4x4 unless you plan on adding a second dish to point at the 119 satellite.
-Robert

BenS

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. Now I need some more info.Right now my signal is just ran straight from the dish into my receivers. But this diagram
180-545.gif
shows an addition of an inline amp and a diplexer. Do I need those or can I just add the multi-switch?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You only need a diplexor if you use an antenna in addition to your satellite. Since you don't need an amp now, you shouldn't need one with the switch.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks