What's new

One of the most overlooked Pink Floyd songs.. (1 Viewer)

JordanS

Second Unit
"Wearing the Inside Out"

Music: Rick Wright Lyrics: Anthony Moore

Album: The Division Bell, 1994

One of the most personal songs by Rick Wright, this song absolutely "shines" from beginning to end. It has a beautiful saxophone and an amazing guitar solo at the end (actually one of David Gilmour's most underrated guitar solos).

This song sounds like a "signature" Floyd track and is truely one of the best in their 40 year long career.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
I absolutely agree, Jordan. "Wearing the Inside Out" is a great song from that album.

On a Floyd-related note, I finally stepped into the world of high-res and bought the now famous Pioneer DV-563A and Dark Side of the Moon in SACD. It sounds amazing. I couldn't believe how crisp and clear everything sounded.

I hope there are plans to release other Pink Floyd albums in SACD (or DVD-A). I would love to hear Wish You Were Here and Animals in high-res.

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
I also agree here, a very nice song and I have played that guitar solo MANY times! :)

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
Not only is it a great song but do you also suppose it sheds a little light on the subject of Wright's involvement with Floyd up to and including "The Wall"?

Seems when Roger let the others have a bit of say, in the music, it had a better flow to it.

*slips into full metal battle suit to avoid the blows from the Waters camp*

I've always thought that Wright was underated...

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I think Division Bell overall as an album is disregarded by many classic Pink Floyd fans as being not quite up to snuff. I myself like it quite a bit. It's an excellent album.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks