One of the most overlooked Pink Floyd songs..

Discussion in 'Music' started by JordanS, Feb 27, 2004.

1. JordanS

JordanS Second Unit

"Wearing the Inside Out"

Music: Rick Wright Lyrics: Anthony Moore

Album: The Division Bell, 1994

One of the most personal songs by Rick Wright, this song absolutely "shines" from beginning to end. It has a beautiful saxophone and an amazing guitar solo at the end (actually one of David Gilmour's most underrated guitar solos).

This song sounds like a "signature" Floyd track and is truely one of the best in their 40 year long career.

2. Nathan Stohler

Nathan Stohler Second Unit

I absolutely agree, Jordan. "Wearing the Inside Out" is a great song from that album.

On a Floyd-related note, I finally stepped into the world of high-res and bought the now famous Pioneer DV-563A and Dark Side of the Moon in SACD. It sounds amazing. I couldn't believe how crisp and clear everything sounded.

I hope there are plans to release other Pink Floyd albums in SACD (or DVD-A). I would love to hear Wish You Were Here and Animals in high-res.

3. Jesper

Jesper Stunt Coordinator

Jesper Nielsen
    I also agree here, a very nice song and I have played that guitar solo MANY times! [​IMG]

4. John Wes

John Wes Stunt Coordinator

Not only is it a great song but do you also suppose it sheds a little light on the subject of Wright's involvement with Floyd up to and including "The Wall"?

Seems when Roger let the others have a bit of say, in the music, it had a better flow to it.

*slips into full metal battle suit to avoid the blows from the Waters camp*

I've always thought that Wright was underated...

5. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I think Division Bell overall as an album is disregarded by many classic Pink Floyd fans as being not quite up to snuff. I myself like it quite a bit. It's an excellent album.