What's new

One channel far to loud, help! (1 Viewer)

mjm9536

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Brand new to these forums so hello all --

Tech question, not sure if these forums deal with that or not if not, stop here and let me know!

The issue, Sony STR DE445 receiver (hardly a new item, friend gave it to me for free and now I'm going to try and fix it), the front left channel output is way way way to high. To the extent that the adjusting the L/R balance setting has no noticable effect. If I have something playing on a normal volume then connect the front left it drowns out all of the others and probably comes close to blowing the speaker.

I have tried different speakers, different input cables, different inputs, new speaker wire, every setting and mode on the receiver, reset the receiver to factory settings and so on. So clearly a hardware issue. I am tech savvy, I have an engineering degree and have done my fair share with electronics so I'm not afraid to head to pull out the soldering iron and head to radio shack if someone can help me figure out what may need to be replaced or how to check. I have a multimeter and so on.

Any help is appreciated! Or direct me to other forums if you guys don't deal in these type of tech/hardware issues normally.

Thanks all!

mjm9536

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
That is indeed why it was free haha. I knew full well about the problem when I took it. Hoped with some research and maybe a few bucks at radio shack I could fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks