What's new

One 7.1 Analog In - Two Sources Wanted (1 Viewer)

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
All:

I asked this on a recent thread and it didn't get much action, so I'll try it again.

I have a Pioneer Elite receiver with a single 7.1 analog input. This is an older receiver with no HDMI input capability.

I have two sources that I am interested in utilizing - New Toshiba BluRay player with 7.1 output (remember no HDMI on the receiver) and an older Pioneer Universal player for SACD's (5.1 Output).

My question is: Does a switch exist that will allow both sources to be input with one output to the Receiver?

Thanks to all for your time.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
They used to. It looked like this http://www.laaudiofile.com/images/mas3r.jpg and was about $500 a couple of years ago. Made by a company called Zektor. Don't know if they still make them or not.

O.K. It looks like they do still make one: http://zektor.com/mas71/MAS7.1.shtml but at $600 you're better off buying a used OPPO.

I had a Pioneer Elite 59txi, a dv59avi sacd/dvd-a player and a 51fd BluRay player a while back. The 59avi was connected with an i-Link cable and the 51fd with the analogs. Worked real well.

The Onkyo TX-NR1000 is the only receiver I know of which had two multi-channel analog inputs.

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Gene,

Thanks for the input. I went to the Zektor site. They do have a 3 x 7.1 in to 1 x 7.1 out switch w/ remote. Perfect for what I am trying to do. The switch was designed specifically for analog audio. The price is $599. I'll need to decide if I will go the 6 bills for the switch or wait a short while longer and get a new receiver with HDMI and 7.1 analog in. When you add the additional cost for wires (2 x 8 new analog/RCA) plus the switch it gets up to about $700 to $775.

Something to think about. I appreciate the help.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi Mike!

This is a question which comes up from time-to-time here on the HTF. I, too, have two analog sources (Blu-ray player & SACD player) using my older receiver's 5.1 analog inputs.

Here's a THREAD to give you some great ideas and information on options. You can look for a component video switcher...just make sure it's passive and not powered and you can probably get the job done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks