What's new

Ok, fixed BFD and replotted (1 Viewer)

Max F

Second Unit
Mickey, I don't want to throw all of your measurements out the window, but turning down the crossover on the sub to around 80 hz took alot of the boominess out. It brought up the low end (after turning up the volume) in line with the >80 hz range (i measured it before and after). From there i did the BFD adjustments. Just a possible alternative to add to the confusion. ;)

Oh and how are you getting any response below 22hz? I don't hear anything out of my dayton below that.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Max, my receiver crossover is set to 80. I will try truning it down on the sub if that is what you are referring to. Theoretically, should not make a difference on sub (is is all the way up now) as my 1014 is handling bass management.

Max F

Second Unit
My receiver only goes down to 100hz. Turning down the crossover on the sub help me, may not help in your case. Worth a try, but may throw off your filter settings.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I am acutally kind of happy with it now, better then without the EQ.
Amazing the rest of my speakers sound more open and cleaner which is kind of strange.
In 2 weeks or so, I am going to redo the whole thing, maybe use setting 5 to set new filters based on ym new findings.
For the moment it really isn't too bad, bass is noticeably tighter and the rest of the sound a bit more airey if u will.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks