What's new

Ok. A word in the ear to Columbia Tristar (US and UK) and MGM (UK)..... (1 Viewer)

Declan

Second Unit
Please keep your subtitles in the video area on 2.35:1 movies. Black Hawk Down, Charlies Angels (and i'm sure I Spy which will have those ugly yellow subs), Ronin, Wintalkers (which i havent gotten past the first 10mins in the UK version due to the subs).

I'm repeating myself but I know there are different versions for different countries with regard these subtitles but it's not too hard to move the subs up a bit and into the frame. You can move them about easily enough and scale them so that they are still readable on small displays.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who finds them destracting.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I like subtitles better in the matte. Of course, either way is preferably to them being split across the edge, which I've also seen.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I don't knowingly buy movies that do this- they should keep the original subtitles on the film print and if you're watching it in another language they can put up player-generated subtitles.
This is why I don't have Star Wars on laserdisc, BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks