What's new

3D Oh, if only I were made of money: SPOOKS print on eBay (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
It's not worth much, Sony has fully restored left/right masters from the camera negatives and also has mint 35mm prints for venues that can still run interlock 3-D.

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Good to know. Not being made of money, I wasn't really too concerned. I hope Sony eventually releases this and Pardon My Backfire on 3-D blu-ray.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
It's not worth much, Sony has fully restored left/right masters from the camera negatives and also has mint 35mm prints for venues that can still run interlock 3-D.
Did they do a DCP? *Fingers crossed for potential bonus features on classic Sony 3D titles released by Twilight Time*

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Someone's selling a bunch of over/under 3D prints on Ebay, including the softcore Love in 3D.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Someone's selling a bunch of over/under 3D prints on Ebay, including the softcore Love in 3D.

Andy Warhol's Frankenstein and Starchaser

3d.jpg

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
So Bob, is there a non-disclosure disclosure that you can offer about a coming 3D Blu-ray of the two Stooges shorts?

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Did they do a DCP? *Fingers crossed for potential bonus features on classic Sony 3D titles released by Twilight Time*
Someone asked about the Stooges shorts in a thread on Miss Sadie Thompson on T Time's Facebook page. They replied they're looking into it...

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Isn't SPOOKS! also the 3D short that's supposed to have the sepia tone, which the Dual 35mm Film on eBay clearly lacks?

CHEERS! :)
Y

I have no desire for sepia tone. Sounds more like marketing rather than original photography plan. If the Stooges 3D films were originally released this way then I hope we're given both options (with/without) on Blu-ray -- And these are among the top of my list of 50s 3D wishes.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Y

I have no desire for sepia tone. Sounds more like marketing rather than original photography plan. If the Stooges 3D films were originally released this way then I hope we're given both options (with/without) on Blu-ray -- And these are among the top of my list of 50s 3D wishes.
I did read on a different thread that the sepia for SPOOKS! (1953) was said to somewhat diminish the 3-D effect, although I cannot say as I've never viewed that version, myself. Including both options on Blu-ray would be a nice compromise, I do agree, although also having a 2-D option might make things a bit unwieldy, in which case I'd be good with Black & White.

CHEERS! :)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
1953 left/right 35mm prints were sepia. This eBay auction is a 1990's reprint of both sides.

Here's an original frame from a 1953 left sepia print.

spooks02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks