What's new

*** Official "XXX" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The bridge stunt, in particular, was drawn out much too long and lost tons of impact.
I agree, there was just too much slow motion during that scene. Also, another problem I had with the movie: mere seconds after the car explodes, Xander's friends are grabbing the cameras that were attatched to the car. Wouldn't there still be huge flames surrounding the cameras and all his friends were wearing to protect themselves from the flames were gloves.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I actually sort of like the digital approximation of stunt camera errors. It was kind of a bone thrown to those of us weened on cameras that had dirt, water, and fake blood accidentally put on them.
As to the cameras, didn't you see the oven mitts they had on? :)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Scott, I finally read your review. I get the subtle impression that you didn't think the movie was derserving of the Oscar talk it has been receiving. :laugh:

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
This is in fact the worst looking thing ive seen since Fast and Furious,Those people who like these kind of things have the WORST taste,in fact no taste in what Cinema,and film should be.I have nothing against action films,but this is Trash of the lowest form,because they spend so much time and money to make something so worthless,when in fact they could spend the same amount and make an action film with character,and feeling.All they have to do is destroy the writers and the director,and hire worthy fill-ins.
Welcome, I think.....
Anyways, I liked it quite a bit. Not necessarily an action junkie myself, but it was cool nonetheless.
I'm going to be the only guy to catch this, but did anybody else hear the zither score from The Third Man? I think I'm the only one in the theater who caught that. I watch all these "old school" movies and find an obscure reference in an action-packed spy movie. All the joys of liking too much of everything. :)
I only had one problem with it: not enough Asia. :) Oh, somebody brought up an interesting theory. I once remarked how in the hell did the beautiful Asia spring from the loins of ugly man Dario and not so good looking Daria Niccolodi? Somebody said it was a milkman. :laugh:

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I watched this Saturday night. I ended up staying in town for this. I am glad that I did. They had the theater cranked up so it sounded really good. Anyway my opinion on the movie is, I really enjoyed it! I thought it was a great action film. It did have a James Bond type of action feel to it. None of the stunts were any more unbelievable than the Bond movies. I really do not know what more anybody would hev expected of this film. What it advertised is exactly what you got. Great action scenes, cool stunts, cool cars, very hot chicks and Vin Disel. I think the inclusion of X game athletes was pretty cool too. Tony Hawk and Matt Hoffman rule! Eve was looking pretty good too! I have heard people say that the plot is lame and the acting was not of the greatest. I can go with that. Who really cares though. I don't. How many Arnold and Stallone movies have horrible acting but are very fun to watch? I really enjoyed the Columbian fields scene. That was one very fun scene and it lasted awhile. Now this movie does have it's flaws. Other than the scene I just described, I do not think that the other action sequences lasted long enough. They were over with pretty quick. Especially the end rais scene. That shootout was over with before it began. It was not nearly long enough. And then the sniper guy got taken out too quick. I was hoping he would sit there and pick off of few more good guy's.
Another scene that I thought was totally lame was the rail sliding waitor tray scene. That was ridiculous. But as a whole, I thought the movie did what it was supposed to. And I will be purchasing this dvd when it comes out. I am waiting for the sequel.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I was stoked to see Orbital in the club scene. I love their work, and their on the XXX soundtrack is sweet (along with Moby's "Landing").

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Well, I was planning on seeing Full Frontal finally tonight but my empty headed American friends dragged me into xXx, and I was pleasantly surprised.
Not just by the expected naughtiness of Asia Argento but the european settings and especially the villain's clubs! Now I know the clubs kick ass in Europe, all these Downtown LA's Mayans won't compare, and this flick just fueled my appetite for some of them, even though the ones featured in the movie were sets, most likely.
The surprises were the thing I forgot about, the music. Now of course there are some general boring rock songs but what I liked were music and appearances by Rammstein and Orbital in 2 clubs respectively. Those scenes were way cool.
This is not a spoiler, but just to peak some others' interest, and neither is this:
The opening few minutes were awesome, first of all Rammstein's Feuer Frei! song starts during Revolution Studios logo and we go straight into and near one of the clubs, and this James Bond looking guy in a suit gets chased and killed, like a little wuss. Basically they dig at the franchise, saying Bond is dead, here's a new hero. :D
So, good villain, bad/fake Russian dialogue completly inconsistent with subtitles (I can tell), great music & clubs, tasty girls, loads of shiny silver guns, gadgets and cars, oh, and did I mention Asia Argento? This movie is just so cool that calling it such would offend it.
I certainly will welcome even a dozen more of these, and honestly, if it wasn't for Pierce Brosnan, Bond franchise would really be dead.
Now I gotta get the Tripple X soundtrack, I only have that one Rammstein song off of their Mutter album, but there is also an exlusive to it new Orbital track and a bunch of others.
However, the Columbian chase was straight out of the PS2 game Stuntman in terms of over the top action and perpetual stunts. Very good.
Well yeah, and video games are mentioned twice in the movie, at least, in the beginning when he steals Dick's car and then later on when he says "Think playstation here, grab that rocket launcher and lets blow up some s***!"

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
Saw xXx last night.

Not as good as Fast and the Furious, which had better acting and held together much better as a movie, than xXx, but all in all, a fine action flick, not too bad. It had about half a dozen eye rollers, but nothing was abjectly bad considering what I expected. Some of the sequences bordered on laughably ludicrious however ... particularly the Columbian raid (the explosions just kept going and going and going, oh my god!), and also the bridge stunt DID have far too many repeating different angles that just dragged it out about twice as long as it shoulda been.

Still, Vin is the man, really really hope it does good-decent at the BO so he'll have good Studio cred. Because that'll mean more Vin movies, and I'm all for that. Cohen needs to tone it down a notch and he'll do okay by me, F&tF was about right I feel.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Having not seen Mission to mars or Battlefield Earth, this is the first time I have been genuinely angry after seeing a film. I charged out of the building, scowling at people. Something about the fact that this movie costed me $9 and costed me the chance to see Full Frontal was supremely irritating. Please do not contribute to the box office of this sorry excusefor a film, this complete WASTE of celluloid. Watch memento again instead.

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know who sings the song for the trailer XXX. You know the one where the singer is grabling and you have no idea what he is saying but it sounds cool. It sounds like Korn or even Mudvayne.
Najib
my other "hobby"
www.roninonline.com

DanR

Supporting Actor
Not sure with of the two songs you are talking about, but the songs used in the trailer are:
Breakin' Me Down by Soil (Album is Scars)
Boom by POD (Album is Satellite)

Go listen to samples online, and it will be one of those two songs.

Regards,
Dan

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Call me mindless, but I had a lot of fun watching this one, Vin always seems to deliver. Not as good as Fast and the Furious but good.

I will own it on DVD.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
So I take it I was the only one who saw The Third Man here? Damn, thought I found a cool coincidence.

I think the movie would make a kick ass demo for home theater. The sound alone would bring goose bumps.

I'm crossin my fingers now for deleted scenes with nekkid of Asia Argento.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks