What's new

*** Official WALKING TALL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Walking Tall" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Walking Tall" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Looks like it has a running time in the area of 75 minutes. I thought it was short and it looks like it was.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I just watched the original Walking Tall, and it would be hard to capture that 70's, sweaty, downright nasty feeling. And 75 minutes long?! They should have watched the original and seen what a real "smackdown" looks like! I almost thought of going to see the remake until checking out the original.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
To be fair, there are copious amounts of smacking. Just they don't put much running time of movie in between the smackings.

You can expect Several wooden club beatings, a couple of broken limbs (not graphic), lots of gunfire in two scenes, and some seriously funny Knoxville-fu.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Why do they keep letting The Rock star in movies??
The movie looks horrible but I am sure teens will go see it and it will make 100 Million.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

Why did they keep letting Arnold star in movies? Because he had presence and was a blast to watch on the silver screen kicking some ass.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Ahem, I haven't been a teen for 30 years and I'm going to see it. If you're not going to see the film then I don't understand why you're posting in this thread.

Crawdaddy

Michael Pakula

Second Unit
I thought it was quite an enteraining movie but agree with everything said here about it being to short. I kept looking at my watch after it was over and couldn't believe it was over already. I also wasn't so sure about The Rock as an action star having been a fan of Arnold but after seeing this movie it's changed my about him.

-Mike

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I'm not a teen, either, and I liked it a lot, although it isn't the Rock that got me to the theater - it was rockin' Neal McDonough (Boomtown). Better than The Rundown, and Johnny Knoxville makes a far less annoying sidekick than Seann William Scott.

James T

Screenwriter
I haven't seen it yet, but I've only heard of okay reviews that I may wait until it reaches the dollar cinemas or even video. And this is from a Johnny Knoxville and The Rock fan.

And a little fun fact that I don't remember where I heard it from: You can see in the trailer when the Rock smashes the taillights of the porsche with a 2x4. No one told him to pretend to do it, so he actually smashed the tail lights. The bill was $100,000.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
I'm one of the millions...and millions of the Rock's fans, but even so, I'm waiting for the disc for this one (Aug 6, correct?). I'd be shocked if this turned out to better than The Great One's last outing, The Rundown. However, my opinion is that he truly is Arnold's heir apparent, that jabroni Vin Diesal notwithstanding.
While we're at it, is it just me, or is the original Walking Tall not in dire need of a DVD re-do (its brutality damn near traumatized me as a twelve-year old watching the late show!)? Cheers.

DS.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
One one level, this is a really bad movie.

On another level, it works for what it is. I'm not a wrestling fan at all, but I think The Rock is the real thing. He's got great screen presence, he appears natural and not forced on screen (the opposite of, say , Steven Seagal), and he kicks ass most righteously. If he ever finds the right vehicle (see Arnold & "The Terminator") he will be a HUGE star.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The best thing I can say about this movie is that it's economical, nothing too drawn out, in fact, things happen far too quickly and it becomes a farce faster than you can snap your fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks