What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

*** Official V FOR VENDETTA Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

FWIW, in the book, the villains are given a bit more nuance than the movie in that it's made clearer that they have the best interests of the people at heart even if their methods are hurtful. It's something I think the film badly needed, and it's very hard to take any scene with John Hurt's character (whose name is changed from Adam Susan to the more Hitlerish Sutler)seriously because all he does is shriek at the top of his lungs and generally act more like a very broad caricature of fascists than a human being.

JohnnyHa

Auditioning
Love this movie. That site thefutureisours.com is pretty sweet too. The costume from the movie would be awesome to own, among the tons of other things. Finally got around to picking up the DVD the other day.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks to Blockbuster online I am getting to see alot of good films I missed theatrically. One of those arrived Monday. Watched V for Vendetta last night.

I went in with unknown expectations. Kind of went in thinking it would be one of those weird movies that I just don't like. But other than that, I knew very little about the film's story or it's origin in the graphic novel.

I really, really like it. Maybe even loved it. :) It's a strange film and a strange feeling while watching it. Kind of hypnotic in a way? Here I am feeling for and not necessarily identifying with but rooting for V....a terrrorist. Hugo Weaving was excellent. Maybe it's his voice which I believe to be currently the most mezmorizing voice in Hollywood today. Hugo could read the phone book and make it interesting. Portman was also good, very good.

And the actor who played "Finch" was top notch. In some ways, I wonder if we are seeing all this through "Finch". Just a thought.

V for Vendetta is witty, clever, even a tad romantic, and has moments of genius.

Definetely deserves a second viewing to absorb it more. With Warner Bros. behind this, a HD-DVD version should be released soon.

This one surprised me.

for now, 9/10.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Took in a second viewing b4 shipping it back to blockbuster.

This is a really good film and even enjoyed it a bit more. Won't add anything new to my review but to say again, I wished I had seen this in the big theater. :)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
I find it humorous that many people found "Superman Returns" more entertaining than "V for Vendetta". I thought "Superman Return" was boring, where as I found "V for Vendetta" to be very entertaining. As for who ever said it was made for TV quality, well I can't disagree more. It was very well pieced together.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Really...why open up that can of worms?? No need to knock one film in order to praise another.

(i agree with you btw)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Somebody had mentioned that they found Superman Returns more enthralling than "V", It is Hugo Weaving man, it doesn't get any more enthralling than that. And just as well, have you ever openned a can of worms, I did think that worms came in a can?:D

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
"I find it humorous that many people found "Superman Returns" more entertaining than "V for Vendetta". I thought "Superman Return" was boring, where as I found "V for Vendetta" to be very entertaining. As for who ever said it was made for TV quality, well I can't disagree more. It was very well pieced together."

I liked both. It's not an either-or world.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I enjoyed both films.. however I will say that v for vendetta is a much better movie. its my favorite of the year.. which is not probably saying much since there has not been some great movies to see as of yet.

I never read the comic book or a huge fan of the matrix films. however I do like ms portman.
I felt that it tackled the themes much better then most type of movies that deal with it.. like with brokeback mountain or a michael moore movie.

Jacob

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i haven't watched this film since it's theatrical release.

i just picked it up on bd the other day.

this movie is brilliant and beautiful. it challenges one to think outside of their normal conventions and provides opportunity to re-evaluate ones place in the world. some people may simply not have liked the movie. some people may not have understood the movie. this movie spoke to me when it was first released and did so today after viewed it again.

the wachowskis are well ahead of their time when it comes to making movies. i have not seen a fillm made by them yet that i disliked.

Diallo B

Screenwriter

if the wachowskis got ahold of an iconic character or major franchise the equivalent of superman it would turn hollywood on its head. i anxiously await for them to receive OR develop that type of opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks