What's new

*** Official TRANSPORTER 3 Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
What, no comments on this film yet?

I saw The Transporter 3 last Friday. I enjoyed the first, and like many, felt the second one wasn't as good. I enjoyed this 3rd installment.

It had a few over the top sequences that defied physics and probability, but that is what these films are about! Who else can jump a car off the side of a bridge like Frank did in the first film from a dead still start! Overall, I think this one was a good overall film in the series, on par with the first one. It wasn't any more or less and I felt satisfied! I was glad to see Inspector Tarconi in a more involved role that wasn't used for laughs. And I was glad to see them back in Europe. Having the second film in Miami seemed a little out of place, particularly the police station sequences.

Of course this film had the trademark Yuen choreographed fight sequences with a new twist of having Frank up against the big guy!

I was a little disappointed they went with Audi, but I can see that the BMW 7 series was just too big a car and the Audi S8 had the right level of performance and passenger capacity that perhaps they didn't feel an M3 or M5 has. Though those BMW M series cars are quite capable.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The actions scenes were okay, but truly undermined by the forced romantic connective tissue in this film. I don't mind freckles, in small doses, but the actress playing Valentina had far too many freckles and too many close-ups, which made it tough to watch at times. Plus the Valentina character was too much of a spoiled brat, that it was disappointing to see Frank being attracted to her.

I did like Robert Knepper, and actually was surprised when I saw his left hand (those who watch Prison Break will understand, as he plays T-Bag who now has a fake left hand).

I give it 2 stars, or a grade of C (mainly for the requisite actions scenes)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Decent film, but I was a little disappointed. I kept getting pulled out of the film by the director's shenanigans. Apparently he's one of these more interested in style than substance and storytelling. The ridulously fast edits, dropped frames, varying speed (slow motion...now ahead double time) was reallly irritating. I also thought the story was rather weak, kind of a hybrid of a Speed-type scenario with generic villain and his barrels of ominous looking toxic goo. They also violated the distance rules many times. Seventy-five feet is a lot shorter distance than people think.

I agree about the freckle thing and that they could have found a better looking actress. Though this seems to be the Transporter "type" as the lead actress in Part 2 was nearly identical looking--lots of freckles and raccoon eyes--except blonde instead of redhead. I'm surprised Frank could even "perform" having to look at that. ;)

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
"Of course this film had the trademark Yuen choreographed fight sequences with a new twist of having Frank up against the big guy!"

Actually, 2 had him fighting a big black guy -- in and around a boat, if you recall. The guy in 3 was bigger however.

"Plus the Valentina character was too much of a spoiled brat, that it was disappointing to see Frank being attracted to her."

Well, that was the point. Emotionally, she's very distant, like Frank. The whole point is to see them break through each other's defenses.

It's also funny that people who are complaining that it's too unrealistic are also complaining because they cast a woman who's "realistic," that is, not a fashion model.

I saw the first two and this was very much of a piece with those. Wild stunts, impossible fights, negligible plot = FUN!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Transporter 3". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks