What's new

Official Star Wars Galaxies Discussion (1 Viewer)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I know the Best Buy in Olathe, KS isn't going to be much of an indicator for you, Peter, but they did have lots of them, here... :)

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator
fyi for the Starsider hopefuls...

We're basing closing off Starsider not on the # of characters there, but on the demand for the server at peak times right now. We may re-open it in the future, but right now, given that it maxes out at peak, it doesn't make sense to allow even more people to create on it and just make the problem worse.

-Raph Koster,

Creative Director

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Here's a question for those with a little more experience in the game:

If I start an Artisan, and manage to get a hold of a pistol/carbine/rifle but do NOT get the Basic Marksman skill, will I still generate pistol/carbine/rifle XP as I use the weapon?

Peter Loan

Second Unit
How about us newcomers get together in the game since Starsider is now closed? I'm getting the game this afternoon and would love to join up with all of you. Sucks though...too bad I can't mooch off of Romier's "hand me downs".

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
James,
Yes and no.... You will still get the XP, but it will not do anything for you until you buy the novice marksman skill. When you do your XP will be applied (even that which you obtained before you bought novice marksman).

Peter,
What about Gorath? I have a pretty new character on that server. And I know somebody else in this thread also has a character on Gorath. Could be a good place for the "Back Up" HTF team. Unfortuanatly I wont be able to play with you guys till tomorrow night, but make sure to mention where the back up is now that Starsider isn't available (assuming we dont choose Gorath).

Later,
-Marshall

Edit: spelling problems

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
Yes... lets make Bria the "Unofficial" "Official" HTF server... so I can keep my Char. Please? Hehehe :D

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Let's see, people have existing characters on Bria, Starsider, Gorath, and Azahi (that I am aware of). In interest of fairness, maybe we should pick a completely new server for all of us to get together on? I know it won't last long as some people can play more often than others (i'm in the waaaaay limited time group :frowning:), but it would put us all on the same starting page. I guess the other thing to do would be to pick the starting location. Just my suggestion...

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I actually dont care if we use Gorath or not, I'm just as happy starting a new character. I say we go with james' suggestion of one different from all the others. And I nominated James to pick that server :D Let us know what you come up with.
I'm in the same boat that I am also in a limited time group. I'll probably only be able to play for a couple hours a couple times a week. But I dont mind if the rest of the HTF group advances beyond me. I find that its just as fun to play with characters that are buffer.

Romier, you should make a backup character for our "backup" HTF server :)

-Marshall

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Don't pick the PvP servers, please. Those players are ruthless cutthroats.

And remember when you pick your rifle/pistol/carbine weapon of choice, make sure to do your math to pick the best weapon. What you need is to attain a High Damage Ratio Per Round. Accordingly, it goes something like this:

( (min. damage + max. damage) / 2) / attack speed ) = damage ratio

So basically, you want that ratio to be high, the attack speed to be as low as possible, the min and max damage to be high.

Currently I bought a rifle that has a 12.28 Damage Ratio per round. Cost me 1K, but it's well worth it. I've seen other rifles that have like 15+ damage ratios, but they're on other planets, and those look so nice to buy. :) A friend bought his first carbine at 11.xx damage ratio. Pretty good investment. :)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Romier, you should make a backup character for our "backup" HTF server
Most definitely. My main will continue to be on Starsider (my PA is there) but I wanted to start an Alt on another server to go Architect or entertainer. Just let me know what server. We may even be able to create a nice PA on the other server.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Wow....I'm feel like I'm being given a huge responsibility :). Well, I'll check it out tonight and get back no later than tomorrow morning with the "official" HTF server. Now one thing I don't want the responsibility for is choosing the starting location. Is there really much of a difference between planets and the locations on those planets? Where we going to go????

My player on the HTF server probably will not be a Marksman (since that's what I am doing already). Maybe an Artisan or a Medic. We'll see....

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I love Tattoine. *snicker* Sand sand sand everywhere and then you get meet that Dragon of all Dragon lizards. :)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Naboo is fine with me - I've only been on Tatooine so far myself. Any particular city/location? I'm at work so I can't pop on to get the names.

Quick story: Last night I was able to get on for like 15 minutes to show my nephew the game (saw you on Romier but didn't have that much time so I didn't want to interrupt you for just a "hi" :)). He (my nephew, not Romier...) has more of a PvP mentality when it comes to MMORPGs; he's enjoying Shadowbane and played on the PvP servers for Asheron's. Anyway, I'm trekking through the desert to try to find this engineer for a mission. I turn my head for a second, hear a blaster, turn back and find that I have been one-shot-incapicatated by a Tusken captain. Shortly after that, it happened again and another Tusken came by and finished me off - my first death :frowning:. I'm really thinking of dumping that mission....

Kong mentioned PvP servers. I'll have to check but are there such servers? That might actually draw more interest from my nephew and a few other people I know.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Im currently on Corellia. Wanted to share some screens. No interface on these as they are sweeping beauty shots. Game is running at 1280X960 4Xaa and 8XAF (believe it or not my card runs the game faster the more AA I throw it, Dont ask cause I dont get it either). Framerate average for most of these screenies was between 15-29. Anyone that says this game lacks the detail seen in the E3 movie or any of that nonsense is simply not looking at the same game I am. Here they are:

SWG1
SWG2
SWG3
SWG4
SWG5
SWG6
SWG7
SWG8
SWG9

SWG7 is a pic of Chris Flynn (XBLRuffneck) and I getting ready to travel to Corellia last night.:D

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Its a real monster to run well and the minimum specs are a 933mhz to a 1gig.
Hmmm...yeah I think I'll wait till the end of the summer. I don't have much patience when dealing with bad framerates for stuff like this. Hopefully some of you will still be playing around sept/oct :)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I'm with Romier in that I'd like anywhere except Tatooine. I've only played on Tatooine thus far so a change would be nice. As far as what city.... Since I haven't played anywhere else, I have no opinion.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
So, I've been playing a bit, but it becomes clear that the support classes really need a group to advance at all. How would one find you all on whichever server is chosen? Do you typically label yourselves as HTF'ers?

NickC

Second Unit
How would one find you all on whichever server is chosen? Do you typically label yourselves as HTF'ers?
There is an in game email system, if you know the name of your contact, you just put in their name to email them.

For anyone having problems getting onto Starstrider, Come to Gorath, I am lloking for some htf's to group up with.

My character stats so far.

Marksman:
Advanced Rifle
Intermediate Rifle
Expert Pistol
Intermediate Pistol
Advanced Pistol
Intermediate Carbine
Advanced Ranged Support
Intermediate Ranged Support

Artisan:
Engineering III, II, & I
Domestic Arts One
Surveying IV, III, II, & I

Scout:
Exploration I
Trapping II & I
Hunting I Survival I

Medic:

First Aid One
Diagnostics one
Organic Chem One

Unfortuantly I ran into a nice little bug the cleaned out my whole inventory, except for my clothes, with was very dissapointing, since I had just spent about 2500 credits at the bazzar, on top of all the resources, and tools i lost :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks