What's new

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Title: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: Every generation has a story.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy

Director: J.J. Abrams

Release: 2015-12-15

Runtime: 136

Plot: Thirty years after defeating the Galactic Empire, Han Solo and his allies face a new threat from the evil Kylo Ren and his army of Stormtroopers.

This thread is for discussion of Star Wars Ep. VII: The Force Awakens. Do not read this thread before seeing the film as spoilers are not required in this thread. In short, read this thread at your own risk.

Reviews should be posted to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm seeing this film on Friday morning at 9:15 a.m. at an IMAX theater. However, a buddy called me up and told me he had extra tickets with assigned seating for a 1:00 p.m. showing on Friday so my second viewing might be then.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I just bought my ticket. Seeing it in an hour. :D

The atmosphere is electric.

People with illuminating lightsaber toys here.
First time I see a movie like this. Hopefully they
will turn them off!

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I am pleasantly amazed at how well Disney has kept the story from leaking before the premiere. I think this is the first time that the novelization wasn't released before the film. I do wish I could hear the score, though. John Williams is amazing.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Saw it. My recommendation is to see it in 2D for the first time. I saw it in 3D and you will understand later why 2D is probably better for the first time.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
wow...the reviews look good BUT I am going off the grid...For real this time :) :) No checking in with you guys until Sunday evening after I see it.

Its been fun folks. Enjoy!

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, there is already a single photo (screen grab) spoiler for 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' making the rounds on Facebook. It apparently completely ruins an important plot detail in the film.

Looks like I'll be staying away from Facebook until Friday afternoon! And, the time is about right to stay away from all forum discussion threads for the next two days. See you all on the flip side!

Mark

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
It feels weird knowing tomorrow I'll be seeing a new Star Wars movie for the first time in a long time. Almost surreal even. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
One surprising thing is that it went so fast, felt so short. There is not one dull moment. Even the original trilogy had dull moments where you look at your watch, this doesn't. This feels like it can benefit from an extended cut.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=213&v=BrRGTEwNS2M

The Harrison Ford part is real funny.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I've read a whole bunch of reviews, so relieved. This review snippet from The Guardian, a UK newspaper -

The Force Awakens re-awoke my love of the first movie and turned my inner fanboy into my outer fanboy. There are very few films which leave me facially exhausted after grinning for 135 minutes, but this is one. And when Han Solo and Chewie come on, I had a feeling in the cinema I haven’t had since I was 16: not knowing whether to burst into tears or into applause.

And please don't tell me that's just 'temporary' excitement from someone who saw it before most of the world did. ;)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I can't wait for you guys to see it so that we can discuss what Lucas would have done differently. It will be fun. :) I have few ideas.

Till yesterday I was thinking it is ultimately a bad idea to bring back the old actors. But as I said, the legacy actors are used and introduced so perfectly. It does not feel like fan service. They come naturally with the story.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Reviews seem to be giving much of the plot away. Fortunately I haven't had the ending spoiled for me yet, hope that lasts until Friday.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I can't wait to get the books and the score. I want to read the novelization. You guys are lucky. You get them on the same day you see the movie.

Is there a novelization? I don't find it on amazon.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It seems like every thread about this I've been to at other forums is full of people who just want to see this fail miserably. I'm really depressed if this is the current state of Star Wars fandom.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks