What's new

*** Official KILL BILL: VOLUME 2 Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Not a bad film but left feeling a bit let down. No where as fun or clever as the original.This second part was a bit too long and really could have been edited down or better yet released as just one volume.
The big reveal of The Brides name was a dissapointment and the fight scenes seemed rushed.
I am sad to say I dont want to rush out and see this again like I did the first part .

Nicu

Grip
Shockingly bad. The plot is moronic, the dialogue is cheesy and pretentious. Pathetic and sophomoric, the film is a huge disappointment. Almost nothing works in this film, not even the music.

Tarantino was God to me. Now he's just another director with a huge ego and nothing left to say.

Here is how I rate his films:

Reservoir Dogs A ( his masterpiece)
Pulp Fiction A-
Jackie Brown B+
Kill Bill Vol.1 A
Kill Bill Vol.2 F

N

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
'F' for Vol.2? C'mon! That's beyond harsh. The problem w/"Kill Bill" as many have already pointed out is that it should've been released as a single movie & edited tighter/better. I find it amusing that people complain about theatrical movies being "too long" & do just the opposite when it comes to the same movies on DVDs.

My grades:
Kill Bill, Vol.1 -- A-
Kill Bill, Vol.2 -- A-

Tarantino is brilliant w/dialogue & meshing various genres that inspired/ifluenced him quite seamlessly, but he also tends to over-indulge at times. That said, his movies with their minor flaws intact still outshine 90% of movies these days. I just hope he doesn't take as long to make his 5th movie!

Diallo B

Screenwriter
yeah, that f was truly harsh and unwarranted. i went into the movie with an open mind as this was a tarantino flick and i was HIGHLY entertained for the length of the movie. at no time was i bored or did i look at my watch. someone earlier stated that the last half hour dragged to them. when the movie ended i was wondering where that 30 minutes was that they talked about.

i was truly invested in understanding the characters here. i actually wanted to understand more about the bride, her history, her motivations and the part that bill played in her life. vol. 2 answered all of those questions for me.

i was not disappointed with the lack of violence in this movie. i think that it helped to balance the over the top nature of vol. 1. and truth be told i was as mesmerized by the dialouge here as i was by the action of the first.

i really enjoyed this movie and i am no longer put off by the fact that it was split into two volumes. i think it fits the series as these are two very different movies.

volume 1 - 3.5/4
volume 2 - 3.5/4

and here is hoping for a volume 3 with with two of the younger cast members.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I saw them pretty much back to back. I like the pace change in Vol. 2. As a huge fan of Jackie Brown, I enjoy dialogue driven Tarantino. I enjoyed the sedation of Vol. 2. Which supported the resolve. Was it Vol. 1? No

Vol. 1 - A-
Vol. 2 - B

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Volume 1: A
Volume 2: A

I can't decide which part is better, though after seeing V2 I think it just makes V1 seem more like an intro film.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Kill Bill Volume 1: B
Kill Bill Volume 2: A+

I awarded the film an A+ due to:

1. Superb storyline and acting.
2. Uma Thurman + Carradine. Match made in heaven.
3. Great fighting.
4. Great movie homages.
5. Humorous content.
6. More Michael Madsen.
7. Ability to tie up messy Volume 1 which I still respected due to the original fight choreography.

A wonderful Volume 2. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
feh! i give it a B- ....

for some reason, i couldn't buy into the dialoge like i usually can with qt films. for some reason, this one just seemed "forced".

plus, all the different filming styles kinda got on my nerves. i get that he was "paying homage" to all that came before him, blah blah blah....but sheesh! enough's enough.

the fight scene between uma and what's her name was pretty awesome though.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Great payoff. I thought Uma was amazing in the two films. And it's great to see David Carradine on the big screen again.

KB v1 - :star::star::star::star:1/2 out of :star::star::star::star::star:

KB v2 - :star::star::star::star: out of :star::star::star::star::star:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks