What's new

*** Official HD support, 5.1 & 16:9 Game Survey Thread (1 Viewer)

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Thx for the reply. I didn't mean to imply your set didn't do 720p. The only way I have ever really been sure is I connect my XBOX to my Projector which will actually display what the resolution is.
The other thing you can do is actually shut off 480p and 1080i in the menu so it's forced to 720p or 480i, that you can usually tell the difference.

johnny-t

Auditioning
FWIW, I think Burnout 2: point of impact is miscorrectly labelled. I do not see any option in the game to make it 16:9. It simply stretched on my HDTV.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Which version of Burnout 2 are you referring to? The Xbox version is very clearly 16:9. If you have the Xbox version, there is no in-game option to toggle aspect ratio - it is defined by the video settings in the Xbox dashboard.

-Dave

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately the box is incorrect. It does have a nice widescreen 480p though.

-Dave

JoanPablo_T

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, I can't for the life of me get Mario Kart Double Dash for gamecube to go into 480p. Any ideas?? It's listed on the list. Yes I do have component video wires connected to my Sony HD TV. No option on the game disc, and no option on the system itself. My Xbox works great in 480p as does my Onkyo Progressive DVD player.

Thanks

JP

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Troy! If I don't hear any complaints, I'm going to update the Cube & PS2 lists to the same format.

Joan, I haven't played Double Dash, but I think that the 480p mode is enabled for some games by holding down the red button when starting the system.

-Dave

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Yeah, that's seriously sweet. It was always a bit of a pain to remember what the column headings were. That's a thing of beauty. Thanks for taking the time to do that!

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
James Bond: Everything or Nothing - Xbox

480P - Yes
16:9 - Yes, in game only, main menus are all 4:3
DD 5.1 - Yes
Live - No

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Dave F, Awesome job. I always found it difficult to scroll down the column and remember which column was which.

Great job.

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the new Steel Batallion has 16x9 support? It would be a shame spending $200 on the controller and the new game for it not to be 16x9 enhanced. The old game appears to not be in 16x9, but here's to hoping that the new one does.

It sure would be pretty on my 110" screen!

And for those few lucky enough to have played the new and previous SB games, how's the sound? Is it mixed well?

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
is the new Steel Batallion out yet? this is the online version, right???

lack of 16:9 support is why i didn't get the original.

Dean Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Don't more games lack 16:9 support than do? If so, I would imagine you miss out on quite a few games. Since there aren't any real physical representations any of us are familiar with, the original Steel Batallion looks pretty good stretched.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
well, i own a lot of non 16:9 games. but if a game's going to set me back $200 and i have a widescreen TV, you'd better believe I'd wait for 16:9 support for that particular title.

ernie hernandez

Auditioning
i read on gamepro that the preview version of Steel Battalion: Line of Contact was 720p and widescreen. Hopefully the finished version will be the same.

RenoV

Agent
Ninja Gaiden - Xbox

480P - Yes
16:9 - Yes
DD 5.1 - Yes
Live - DLC & some future "Tournament" mode only...

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Well, well, well...
Colin McRae 04 - Xbox
480p - Yes
5.1 - Yes
Xbox Live - Yes(ish)
I give it a "yes(ish)" in the Live department because it has online scoreboards, but that's it. At least they gave us 480p support this time out.

Todd Bundy

Auditioning
MX Unleashed - Xbox

480P - Yes
720p - Yes
1080i - Yes (untested)
DD 5.1 - ?? (untested)
Live - No

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks