What's new

Pre-Order Odds Against Tomorrow (1959) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
My copy is on the way...thanks to information here from the knowledgeable aficionados of HTF, I was at least 99 and 44/100 % sure this would be given the correct presentation that Odds Against Tomorrow deserves...now I can rest easy thanks to you guys, and look forward to seeing it for myself next week!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I have it but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I also have the R2 Blu-ray and will see how they compare.

Five weeks ago I had a chance to meet Ed Begley Jr. and he brightened up when I told him that Odds Against Tomorrow is my favorite among his father's films. He was only 9 years old but he vividly remembers accompanying his father to Hudson, N.Y. for the filming of the bank robbery scenes. I told him that I was in Hudson recently and that the bank is still there, but with a new name.

Odds Against Tomorrow Bank.PNG

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
It's a favorite of mine, so naturally I already have the BFI edition... but in the interest of completeness I ordered the Olive edition too.

0604180638_HDR.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll have my copy today so I'm going to watch it right away.
Well, I didn't watch it until last Saturday. A great looking disc. Amazon is price-matching Best Buy at $12.99. but Amazon is out-of-stock. Best Buy only has it available for shipping so to get free shipping you will have to combine it with something else to hit the minimum amount for free shipping.

SeanSKA

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean
You'll want to do so in order to see it in its OAR.

I was wondering why TCM was showing it in 1:33.
Enjoyed Eddie Mueller's talk after the film. Interesting how Robert Ryan- who was great at playing violent bigots- was in real life a progressive, who many described as one of the kindest, gentlest men they have ever met. Ryan and Harry Belafonte had a very close friendship until Ryan's death

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this one on Blu-ray this afternoon, and even though it was on TCM not that long ago, I certainly enjoyed it more in the correct aspect ratio. Such a taut, gripping film. Love caper movies like this. You just know something is going to go wrong, and you wait to see where the dominos will begin to fall.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched this one on Blu-ray this afternoon, and even though it was on TCM not that long ago, I certainly enjoyed it more in the correct aspect ratio. Such a taut, gripping film. Love caper movies like this. You just know something is going to go wrong, and you wait to see where the dominos will begin to fall.
It's the type of a caper film in which you think about it long after seeing it.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I bought this blind (the Olive release) and I’m glad I did. I watched it a couple of months ago and I still think about it from time to time. Most films I view I’ll forget about after a few days. Not this one. Very powerful and well acted by all. Robert Ryan in particular is top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks