What's new

October 1982 memory ... (1 Viewer)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
This month we celebrate the 20th anniversary of the worst movie ever made - Halloween III, Season of the Witch.

What's worse is that the movie has the last laugh. I've gone from 17 to 37 during that time, while the movie is, er, timeless.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I sort of like this film....which is more than I can say about you. ;) :p)
More seriously I think you won't be so alone in your opinion on this one, but I'm not joking in saying that I did sort of like H3 (a lot more than just about anything after it in the series).

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I agree...and even if it does suck (which is obviously an opinion issue)...I can think of worse.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
At first, I was going to say something like "Worst movie ever? Probably not"...but, I've given it some thought and I agree. Pure trash and I watched it when I was barely 10 and even to my stupid kid mind, it was horrible. I did watch about half of it again when I was 20 because I wanted to know if maybe I just didn't appreciate it the first time. Needless to say, it was still godawful. Worst movie ever? Probably :)
Bruce

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Bruce - i did what you did. around 1991 or thereabouts i watched H3 again on showtime or something, just to see if i had given it a bum rap the first time around. but no...
Seth - perhaps we can convince the studio to pull an ET and release a special 20th anniversary DVD, a 2-disker chock full of 'making of' documentaries, interviews with the cast, some scholarly commentary on H3's legacy on the filmmaking art, remastered DD/DTS 6.1 sound, interactive DVD-ROM features, etc.
... and of course a commentary track with the director and screenwriter (oops, the latter had his name removed from the credits!). ;)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Worst movie ever? No. There are worse movies in the series (5,6 and that last one was just a joke). But Halloween III is still pretty bad.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I didn't like Halloween III at the time, but it has grown on me. Not even close to being the worst film of all time, though.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hey I liked Halloween III than, and I like Halloween III now, in fact at one time I preferred it to the first Halloween, at least they went a different route with this one, how many horror films can a person watch that shows some maniac slowly stalking some dim teens? They must have made at least 20 nearly identical slasher films during the 80's, and that includes the dire Friday the 13th series.
Halloween III was far more enjoyable than any of these IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks