What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Beginning his career during the early days of Hollywood, Raoul Walsh first gained notice as an actor – playing John Wilkes Booth in D.W. Griffith’s polarizing epic The Birth of a Nation (1915) – before ascending to the director’s chair a year after, adding to his resume the silent classics The Thief of Bagdad (1924) and What Price Glory? (1926). When a car accident during the production of In Old Arizona (1928) cost him his right eye, he gave up acting and focused squarely on directing, becoming adept at action thrillers. He had his greatest success with Warner Bros., of which Objective, Burma! can count among his best films. Previously released on DVD, Warner Bros. has given the movie its Blu-ray debut as part of their Warner Archives line.

Objective, Burma! (1945)

Released: 17 Feb 1945
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 142 min

Director: Raoul Walsh
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I am disappointed that the stellar special features from the DVD were not ported over to this Blu-ray. I love when they include vintage newsreels and shorts with the feature, and it seems inexcusable to include these on the DVD and then arbitrarily leave them out on the Blu-ray.

Last edited:

Harold Chasen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
This is the first Warner Archive Blu-Ray I know of that did NOT include a commentary found on the DVD. I wonder if there's a specific reason it had to be dropped, since it's so atypical for WAC.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Watched my new blu-ray of Objective Burma (1945) last night, and I thought it was a good World War II drama with excellent picture quality (except for the small inserts of real war footage, which are, of course, low resolution).

One small thing bothered me, which was the fate of reporter Mark Williams played by Henry Hull, who was Rittenhouse in Hitchcock's Lifeboat the year before....

I suppose it was part of the comparatively "realistic" approach of the movie, but I wanted a bit more drama than for him to just wander off to die. And wouldn't they look for his writing on their mission, which cost him his life?

burma.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks