What's new

Oade doesn't carry the 555ES should I even bother checking out he 222ES? (1 Viewer)

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
Well, I just ordered an ICBM. I'm just going to insert it between the 222 cd changer and the 444 receiver for now.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Got cables? ;)
For DVD sources, I use my pre/pro's bass mgmt, disengaging the ICBM. Thus, the time alignment and volume issues of the ICBM in this configuration are not issues for me.
Doug, just speculating here... couldn't you use the delay and level settings on your pre-pro for DVD signals, but also disengage any bass management, thus sending time-aligned and level-matched signals to your ICBM for bass management purposes? I don't know how flexible your pre-pro is for bass management, but I can't think of any offhand that offer the degree of flexibility that the ICBM does. Am I missing something regarding this type of configuration?

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Rich,

The most current iteration of the Anthem AVM 20 does support different x-over frequencies for the different speaker "zones", I believe in 10Hz increments (I have yet to upgrade, though). This is done in the digital domain, so I think time alignment and volume level matching would be properly implemented. I don't think one can obtain time alignment and level matching in the AVM 20 and also completely bypass the x-overs (best is probably to set high x-overs), but I don't think this proposed split of functionality between the controller and ICBM would solve the problem anyway. I am thinking that one would need time alignment and level matching to occur after bass redirection, which I am assuming is the way it's normally implemented in the digital domain. Otherwise, one gets frequencies in the sub channel that have been time-aligned and contain volume levels from the other channels.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks