What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

NVidia 6600GT, component and 480i display (1 Viewer)

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I am having trouble setting up the new 6600GT card with my 480i projector. Looks like the card insists on 480p signal no matter what I do (even with PowerStrip installed). S-video works ok but that's not an option. I didn't have any problems with ATI 9800XT previously.

I have tried custom timing, refresh rates etc. but I can't seem to find a solution. I doubt I'll get fast feedback from NVidia that answers my problem so I thought I'd ask here.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Yep, absolutely no help from NVidia. I need to ask the card manufacturer (MSI) which IMO is BS.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Sami:

DVD is limited to 480p over component by Macrovision. Do you have option on your DVD player or the input on your projector to use HDMI or DVI?

What projector and DVD player do you have?

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
I have no DVD player and the HTPC worked perfect with ATI 9800XT, DVI2Component adapter and with Powerstrip. I was told by NVidia their chips do not support 480i over component so it's back to ATI cards then for me. Too bad the ATI adapter doesn't work with NVidia cards.

With my old Denon player over component I didn't have any problems with 480i.

Seleco SVP350 CRT projector, max 30Hz refresh rate. I'm waiting on 1080p projectors to hit the market before upgrading, or finding a local low hour 9" CRT that can display 1080p.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tarinyanaka
Recent bookmarks