What's new

Nothing like cross promotion... Warner/AOL/TBS (1 Viewer)

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
Now, I've seen it all, check this out...
http://www.videobusiness.com/news/082301_warner_catalog_promotion.asp
What's next? Releasing the edited for TV editions of films in pan & scan?
"Coming soon from the New Line and the Man-Made-Movies collection... Blade as you've never seen it before. Family friendly and fitting your TV!"
biggrin.gif

I guess the only thing left for Warner to do is start promting TBS, CNN, Cartoon Network, AOL and every thing else with ten-minute "Sneak Peek" featurette at the start of every film. (Not thay would be the first multi-media conglomorate to do this.)
Daniel L

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
That is the main reason that I was against this merger in the first place. They've just gotten way, way too big.
Glenn

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
Usually these promotions that Warner does are nothing but the same dvds as before just the wrapping has a sticker on it saying something like "Action Hits", and the price might be decreased. It would be nice for them to revisit some movies though(Batman anyone? WB should be ashamed of the treatment their top grosser has on dvd) and release some catalog titles(Gremlins 2, Joe Vs The Volcano)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks