What's new

Nordic Track Pro Anyone? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Have any of you used a Nordic Track Pro ski machine? If so, what did you think of it? Are they well made? Does it give a good workout? I'm considering picking a reconditioned one for $100, and would like to know if it's worth it.

Thanks.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have a Nordic Track, but not the Pro. The model I have was one of their higher end ones. The machine is solidly constructed. I found that it did give a pretty good workout, but the effectiveness of the workout is pretty well based on how much resistance you work out with. The resistance on my can be set to almost none (freewheeling) to feeling like you are plowing through thick powder.

I found the one disadvantage with the machine to be noise. The skis make a lot of noise on the rollers. I used to have the TV on while I used it, but I found I could never hear much over the sound of the skis.

Personally, if I had it to do all over again I would go with an elliptical. The motion of those machines is a lot like using a treadmill, but they are easier on the joints because you are not pounding against a hard surface. They are virtually noiseless: a big plus in my book. The ellipticals also give a pretty good workout. You can get your heart rate up pretty quick on one of those machines.

I should add that for a hundred bucks, assuming the machine is in good shape, you could not go too far wrong with it. You would get a pretty good workout on it. Just don't overextend your arms when using the ropes. You can injure your elbows.

LewB

Screenwriter
I have a Nordic Trac, not sure if it's a Pro or not, If I dust it I can find out :D
Dunno why I stoped using it, never had any problems with it and the set-up options for resistance and the like is almost limitless. For $100, it's a steal. That's assuming it doesn't turn into a clothes rack.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've used a nordic track before, what's nice about it is that it is possible to actually listen to music or even watch TV to it, unlike some powered treadmills. Not sure what model my father has, but I've tried it before. Nicer than a treadmill in my opinion and no need to worry about maintaining a motor.

Funny Lew, how you mention a clothes rack, my friend has a really old Bowflex machine and he uses it as a clothes dryer!

Jay

Stacey R

Grip
I have the Nordic Track pro and use it most every morning for about 20 minutes before work. I have the resistence set pretty high. I usually watch the morning news while working out. It does make a little bit of noise but, if you turn the volume up loud enough on the tv, it's not that bad. Along with a sensible diet and regular use I've managed to drop about 25-30 pounds. A couple of other benefits are that I don't snore anymore and my resting heart rate has dropped to about 60 beats per minute. The other reason I like the Nordic Track is that it is a non impact workout. One thing that you will notice once you start using it is that your lower back and stomach might get a little fatigued. You just need to keep going and those muscles will eventually strengthen up. One other thing that I like is that you can fold it up and roll it away into a closet.

Stacey

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Well thanks for your impressions everyone. I guess I'll go for it since it sounds like its a good deal at $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks