What's new

Noob Question: Hooking up an AudioSource Amp 200 to Sony SS-B3000 Speakers and TV (1 Viewer)

filo

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon Laufenberg
Hey Everyone, I'm new to the whole Home theater setup thing so please pardon the stupid-sounding nature of this post. I'm trying to hook up an AudioSource Amp 200 to Sony SS-B3000 Speakers with a Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ800U TV and I can't get it to produce sound for the life of me. Here is what I'm currently trying:

I've got the Amp connected to my TV via RCA where it says "Prog Out To Audio Amp" as seen here with (the cables are removed temporarily for the photo):

and I've got the RCA cable from the TV connected to the AudioSource Amp in back here to line 2 in. I have tried on line 1 too flipping the switch back and forth each time:

I've got the 2 Sony speakers connected to the speaker A via speaker wire. I've tried having them connected to Speaker B too but it doesn't work either:

There is a switch on the back that can be set to "Trigger", "Auto On" or "Normal" which I understand will power the amp when a signal is recevied but it doesn't seem to matter what i switch it to, I get no sound.

Here is the front of the AMP. I have both the speakers A and B clicked on. The power light turns on, I can adjust the volume and tuner and it doesn't do anything.

I have tried everything I can think of. Am I missing something obvious? Shouldn't this setup work? If not, please let me know if I need some different piece of equipment or if something isn't compatible in my setup. I can't find any options in my TV's menu that allow for me to switch to external audio sources. I really have tried everything I can think of. I would really appreciate any tips on how best to get this working. If you need any other info/pictures, please ask and I will post it.

Thanks so much!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum Brandon.. And thanks for all the pics - sure make diagnosing a problem much easier!

As I see it, either the amp doesn't work, the TV isn't sending a signal, or the cables are bad.

Set the rear switch set to "normal," and turn the amp on. Turn the "Master Level" knobs about half way up. Unplug the audio cables from the TV. You should hear a brief hum sound. When you touch the end of one of the RCA cables (with the other end hooked up the amp) you should hear a hum noise. This will verify that the amp, speakers, and cables are good.

If that's the case, dig through the TV's menu to see if there's a setting that turns those rear output jacks on or off.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

LifeCarrier

Auditioning
Real Name
Gustavo Chavarria
I'm having the same problem, any other suggestion? I'm just making a post to send this guy a private message (required) to see if he ever got around to fixing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks