What's new

No Video/Audio From TV (1 Viewer)

samrat25dec

Auditioning
Real Name
Samrat
Hi,

This is my first thread. I've a problem in connecting Home theater speakers to my TV.

I'm using Philips HTS3545 model Home Theatre and Samsung 32'' ES5600 Smart TV. When I connect Home theatre to my TV through HDMI cable, and play videos via USB of my TV, there was no sound from HT speakers. Whereas I'm getting sound from HT speakers when I connect to Set-top box. I don't know where might be the problem.

Please, can anyone suggest me solution to this problem. Thanks in advance..

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It would help to show a picture of the rear of this Philips. I'm not downloading the manual just to see one picture of the rear.

That TV has an audio output and I assume the Philips does as well. Connect them. I doubt the Philips has ARC.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have a Samsung plasma, try connecting an optical cable from the output of the TV to the Philips HTS and that should get you the sound.

samrat25dec

Auditioning
Real Name
Samrat
Thanks for your replies guys,

Mr. FoxyMulder, my TV has the optical cable slot whereas the Home theater doesn't. It's a bit old one. Could you please suggest me any external speakers that are best for Samsung TVs?

Mr.schan1269, I didn't quite understand your answer, can you please explain in detail?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
samrat25dec said:
Thanks for your replies guys,

Mr. FoxyMulder, my TV has the optical cable slot whereas the Home theater doesn't. It's a bit old one. Could you please suggest me any external speakers that are best for Samsung TVs?

Mr.schan1269, I didn't quite understand your answer, can you please explain in detail?
You can probably buy a cheap adaptor to take advantage of the optical out from the TV, heres a link from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=optical+to+coaxial+in+adpator&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aoptical+to+coaxial+in+adpator

If you go the external speakers route specifically for a TV of that size then i'd imagine a soundbar would be your best bet for that particular television.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
ARC is a feature found in newe(er) TV and audio equipment. IF your HTiB does not have an optical...it probably doesn't have ARC either. I can't download the manual, cause that HTiB is not sold in the US.

So, you need to help us, help you.

Other than the 1 connection from the HTiB into the TV(cause cables/connections only work one direction...not both...unless of course this HTiB has ARC. ARC is the first, and only, connection that has information pass both ways).

So, you need to make a 2nd connection. This time TV into HTiB. Unless we know what input options there are on this HTiB...we can't help you.

samrat25dec

Auditioning
Real Name
Samrat
Thanks FoxyMulder and schan1269 for your replies.

The adaptor would be a nice choice. Soundbars are a bit expensive. One more doubt, can i connect my PC 2.1 speakers to TV? Is it possible to get audio from it?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The audio output of your TV, with adapter, will connect to anything you wish.

You can't just say "my PC speakers" either. What connections does it have?

RCA?
1/8th?
Digital?

1 connection? Or two?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks