What's new

no sound from VCR!...HELP (1 Viewer)

Danny B

Grip
Hi all,

Im trying to get sound from my VCR,and need some help.

What im doing is...using the VCR as a TV tuner connected to a amp/reciever and using a LCD projector to get the image.

NOTE: im only using normal free to air programs for the moment until i can sort this thing out.Ill try to explain how i have it connected.

1.The TV antenna is connected to the "ANT IN" on the VCR

2.Then the VCR's "VIDEO OUT" is connected to the AMP's "VCR VIDEO IN"

3.And "MONITOR OUT" from the AMP goes to PROJECTOR

This is the way im getting the free to air programs and it works.

BUT how do i connect the AUDIO side of it???

This is how i tried...

1."AUDIO OUT" L+R from the VCR goes to "AUDIO IN" L+R on the AMP's VCR AUDIO IN,so when i press the button on the amp for VCR i get a picture but no sound! Am i doing something wrong?

The only thing i can think of is that i need a TV connected to the VCR to get the sound from TV shows...can it be that?

I havent tried it,if that is the way i need to do it ill get a small tv.

Thanks for any feedback on this

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
First I would run a test to see if there is any audio coming from the VCR or whether the problem is in the amp. If you have any piece of gear that takes audio input (mini system, another amp, headphones, anything), connect that to see if the VCR is putting out sound.

Assuming it is, next plug the VCR audio output into some other analog amp input (ignoring the picture for now) to see if it works. For example, use the aux input or the tape input.

If that works, then there is either a defect in the amp with the VCR audio or it's some sort of switching issue where you need to go through the menus and find out what's not right.

Also, my amp has a VCR2 in addition to a VCR1. If yours does, try that.

Danny B

Grip
Marc, thanks for responding.

I finally got it to work 2day.

There was nothing wrong with the way i had it connected,it was all in the VCR's menu.Once i got in the menu and changed the image output to AUTO"PAL",the audio started working...and now everything is good.

I knew i had it connected wright but was confused by no sound coming out!

Anyway,thanks for helping out...CYA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks