What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

No Security Stickers! (1 Viewer)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Tony, your new picture is too much :thumbsdown: LOL

To muddy up the waters a bit further, technically, most (not all) new DVDs now utilize an over-wrap, or a cold wrap, not a shrink-wrap. It's folded, like a cigarette pack. Heat shrink-wrap often can wrinkle the paper inserts. But everyone calls it shrink-wrap anyway, so have no idea why I brought it up.

P.S. And I loathe security stickers. Especially when they leave gummy residue all over my case.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Depends on the distributor. The Warner titles I buy tend to be heat sealed on all four sides, with somewhat of a "flap" in the middle of the back of the box that you can grasp and use to remove the wrapping. The folded wrapping to which you refer tends to be more common on CDs and DVDs, since BD cases have more curves and are therefore more difficult to seal in this manner.

To TonyD: does the reason you rewrap some titles have anything to do with humidity issues, or is it just a personal preference? I have to admit this is the first I've heard of someone doing this.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I shrink wrap dvd's and cd's that have a slip cover.
i open one end so i can slip the dvd case out.
this seems to me to keep wear and tear, dust and anything else off the dvd case and slip cover.

If it doesn't have a slip cover then no shrink wrap.

I actually started doing this over 30 years ago with records.
With those I would slit the opening and use cellophane tape to wrap the edges of the entire record.

Ferdinand Hudson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ronnie
Seconded, and the even worst bit are those where the cover insert isn't properly in place and the security sticker is attached to the top (or bottom) causing one to damage it upon removal. :angry:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Yeah, those stickers are annoying. I usually just leave them stuck to the case because of that.

Of course, now that they're testing out those annoying "green" BD cases w/ big patterned holes cut out, if they continue to use such stickers, we'll probably get lots of them stuck to the back sides of the covers (among other issues). :angry: :thumbsdown:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks