What's new

NHT's for cheap. 2.5i for ~650. (1 Viewer)

StevenK

Second Unit
I know I should post this in the bargains section, but I noticed that the deals presented there are on a completely different level...as in it seems to be geared towards DVDs bargains and such. I think this forum is more appropriate.

Anyhow, Onecall.com is having a clearance on their NHT's...the entire line of the Music series is on sale I believe.

I just bought a pair of NHT 2.5i's for $650 + $100 shipping (OUCH!). This is on par with USED 2.5i's and supposedly Onecall is an authorized NHT dealer. I guess if you live in New York, the deal would be even sweeter.

Anyhow, I noticed the 1.5 for ~$300/pair, the Audio Center 1 for ~$220, the 3.3 for ~$2700/pair. Deals are phenomenal $$$$ for audiophile speakers, IMO. The shipping on the 3.3 is free also, BTW...too bad the shipping on my 2.5i is $100.

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
Why would the deal be sweeter in NY? Onecall is in Washington state, right? You sure you don't have them mixed up with soundcity (who is in NY)?

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Yes, Onecall is in Washington. (Soundcity is in New Jersey. J&R is in NY.)

Just out of curiousity, how do NHT's "music" series speakers compare with their recently discontinued "super" series (super two, super one etc.)?

Mark R O

Stunt Coordinator
charles,

your system doesn't rock does it?

nht and sherbourn, doesn't get much sweeter...

mark

StevenK

Second Unit
Whoops...meant washington.

i was thinking 6ave.com for some reason. but now I have a feelign 6ave isn't in NY either:b

anyhow...I'd also like to know how the super series sound...especially matched with these 2.5i's for rear channels.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
The recently discontinued NHT Super Series (now replaced by an inferior and more expensive NHT Super Series), was NHT's "budget" line. As good as the old Super Series was (and it was great), the Music Series is their flagship line and in another league. At the time of its review, the 3.3 was the most full-range loudspeaker Stereophile had ever measured, and not only did they give it a borderline Class A rating (the 2.9 recently got a solid Class B rating), one of their reviewers (Corey Greenberg), unfortunately no longer with the magazine, still uses the 3.3 as his reference speaker. (To give you an idea what borderline Class A means, solid Class A speakers include the $85,000 Dynaudio Evidence, the $70,000 JM Labs Grand Utopia, and the $85,000 Wilson Grand SLAMM.) I own the 3.3 so I'm a little biased, but let me just say that until I can afford $20,000 for the Revel Salon or the Wilson WATT/Puppy 6, the NHT 3.3 will remain in my system, as I haven't heard anything better for under $20,000.
If you have the coin for good associated components (especially a powerful amp), the NHTs cannot be touched for the price.
As far as matching the Super Series and the Music series, I wouldn't recommend it, as the discontinued Super Series uses a silk dome tweeter and paper drivers while the Music Series uses an aluminum tweeter and polyproylene drivers.
Visit Link Removed for more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks