Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Absolutely, it is. Thanks.

"Every time a new HD signal rings, a station earns its digital wings!"

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So I read the message, and the guy prefers 720p. Which got me wondering: they do a 2-3 pulldown to get 24fps film -- a lot of shows are shot on film -- onto 30fps interlaced video (like 1080i). If 720p is also at 30 frames (right?) what do they do?

Good news by the way. Looking forward to Birds of Prey even more.

//Ken

Bill Adlhoch

Stunt Coordinator
for some reason, i was under the impression that WB would be a 720P network

do we have any confirmation one way or another?

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Here is the official message from WB..nothing is said about 1080i..WB is broadcasting 720p
At "upfront" Tuesday 5/14/02, The WB network announced to our affiliates that effective this fall we will provide up to four hours of real HDTV to our affiliates beginning with the launch of the 2002-2003 season in September.

Hal Protter
Sr. VP / Distribution Development
The WB Television Network

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Watching Enterprise in 1080i would help to revive my flagging interest in the series (Jolene Blalock in HD!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
).

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! This means I've just got to scrounge up some money to buy a big screen HDTV! I don't know if I can pass up Smallville in 720p.
How much time do I have? When does the season start? Anybody need to "gift" some money for charitable tax deductions? :D

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Bill
Unfortunatly you will not find a big selection at all of HD sets that accept 720p nativly. The set top box or the internal decoder if so equiped with convert a 720p signal to 1080i, the same way most of us see ABC HD progamming now..

Gary_E

Second Unit
My local WB affiliate did email me today confirming 720p but would not verify any particular shows as being slated for HD. I've edited my original post.

Sorry for the error.

-Gary

Mike I

Supporting Actor
I know for a fact, "REBA" is one of the HD shows...The rest where not officially announced yet...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if Smallville and Birds of Prey will be broadcasted OTA/analog cable in widescreen? All the clips of Birds of Prey show it matted in 16:9. I really hate it when shows compose for two different aspect ratios. Will Smallville be widescreen in Season Two analog?

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Just about every prime time tv program in the last 4 years has been shoot widescreen and framed for 4.3..My bet would be WB would do the same as CBS, ABC and NBC which is the HD feed being widescreen and the analog feed in 4.3

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks