Next Generation Episode 9-11 PM on Spike, Question..

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Apr 2, 2004.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Was Tellara really Savik from Trek 2/3/4? OR was it just the same actress playing her? I seem to remember it being mentioned that it was the same character just undercover, but I can't really confirm that..

Thanks..

2. Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski Stunt Coordinator

It's the same actor playing a different character. I've never heard any talk to suggest that Saavik and Tallera were the same character. Although that would be an interesting twist.

3. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    It's just the same actress. It has been suggested that Savik was considered for the Vulcan character in Star Trek VI, but they ultimately created a new character. Could that be what you were thinking of?

4. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

More correctly, it was Robin Curtis who portrayed Saavik in Trek 3 and 4 and Tellara on TNG while Kirstie Alley originated the Saavik character in Trek 2, but who's counting.

And Nick Meyer tried to get Kirstie Alley back for Trek 6, but it didn't workout for one of 2 reasons. One, Roddenberry didn't want that character doing a bad thing and Meyer argued, I created her, I can destroy her or two, she could not work out a deal, or both and so he created a new character.