What's new

Next Generation Episode 9-11 PM on Spike, Question.. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Was Tellara really Savik from Trek 2/3/4? OR was it just the same actress playing her? I seem to remember it being mentioned that it was the same character just undercover, but I can't really confirm that..

Thanks..

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
It's the same actor playing a different character. I've never heard any talk to suggest that Saavik and Tallera were the same character. Although that would be an interesting twist.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's just the same actress. It has been suggested that Savik was considered for the Vulcan character in Star Trek VI, but they ultimately created a new character. Could that be what you were thinking of?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
More correctly, it was Robin Curtis who portrayed Saavik in Trek 3 and 4 and Tellara on TNG while Kirstie Alley originated the Saavik character in Trek 2, but who's counting.

And Nick Meyer tried to get Kirstie Alley back for Trek 6, but it didn't workout for one of 2 reasons. One, Roddenberry didn't want that character doing a bad thing and Meyer argued, I created her, I can destroy her or two, she could not work out a deal, or both and so he created a new character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks