What's new

Next blind purchase. Near Dark or Re-animator Millenium Editon? (1 Viewer)

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I've heard great things about both of these, but don't have access to either of these for rent. Which do you guys reccomend? I love vampire flicks, and I love EDII style humor. I only have moolah for one right now, so which one should be first? Both looks to be top notch DVD's as far as extras and transfers.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I would say that you're probably going to like Near Dark a bit more. They're both pretty somber movies altogether, and the humor in Re-Animator is a far more pitch black dark humor than in Evil Dead II.
I have them both, and I think they're both excellent, so you really can't go wrong. But some people may have a problem with a disembodied head getting "some action".

Kip_K

Auditioning
Near Dark without a doubt. I have purchased it at BB for 15.99 and would gladly pay double.

It also has a great back up disc with Bigelow (sp?) Paxton and the rest of the crew sans Jenny Wright. It is the favorite in my collection.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
What a coincidence: I bought both of these discs as a gift for a friend.
That being said: he liked Re-Animator more.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
My local Blockbuster got in the new Anchor Bay Near Dark DVDs for rent, so you might want to try renting it first. Thay being said they are both great movies. The Re-Animator Millenium edition has some great extras and the movie is one of my favorites. You really can't go wrong with either of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks