What's new

Newspaper article in San Diego re. TV on DVD (1 Viewer)

John*D

Second Unit

:thumbsdown: So on a case to case basis UNIVERSAL
fails to include any extras on their '80s and '90s shows other than "BONUS" episodes from other series or upcoming seasons. I can't wait for the FANTASTIC 80's promo that is going to be included in the soon to be released UNI sets. Ridiculous!!!!

Pay the actors/crew and charge a reasonable amount more for the sets! I'd pay ~$5-$10 more per set for decent extras. They don't have to do a commentary on every episode or huge long interviews. Do some "inside looks" a la SEINFELD and some behind the scenes stuff and deleted scenes if possible! If there are cliffhangers at the end of the series include some sort of followup from the creators on what they wanted to do if given the chance.

Same goes with Paramount that doesn't even bother to do any extras it seems, as least with the purchases I've made. Like with Charmed, how hard is it to get the cast/crew to do extras considering the show is still on-going??? Sure I don't expect Shannon to be involved but come on now!

[/RANT]

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Seems like a similar complaint that actors who made films in the 30's and 40's complained about when they weren't compensated when their films were shown on TV beginning in the 1950's . The idea that there would be future revenue was not considered when the films or in this case the TV shows were made.
While it sounds like the studios should provide free DVDs or compensation to the actors, they are under no obligation to do so. Of course if it is negotiated retroactively in a new contract that they should be compensated then of course the studios then have the obligation to do so.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I can understand some of their beefs. But, I think a $1000 a day for reminisicing about an old job is fair. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks