Newbie PALM questions

Discussion in 'Computers' started by NickSo, Apr 14, 2003.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Okay, so my dad finally decided on getting a refurbed Palm Vx after it dropped to $75 at compgeeks (from $90), and i have a couple questions:

It says it comes with Palm 3.5, is there any benefit of upgarding to v4.1? I dont think itll take a processor hit since the less-powerful Palm Zire runs 4.1, so i'd think the Vx would run fine.

Whats a good program that'll let me read eBooks (PDFs, and docs/txt files?)?

Any other must-have or useful programs for the Palm?

Is it possible to go online with this palm? Even maybe through the computer?

And this is just out of curiosity: Why would u need to buy new stylii? Do they get dull after use? Or do people just lose them alot?

Thanks alot! I'll prolly have some more questions when we recieve it... lol, i know its not MY toy, but still, its something to play with in the meantime [​IMG]

2. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

3. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

In regards to the OS upgrade, I would suggest that you go to Palm.com and read about the difference between the two versions. If you think you'll use the new features then go a head and upgrade.

I had a Palm V and upgraded to 4.1 and didn't notice any kind of performance hit.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Is the 4.1 upgrade only available via CD by ordering it from Palm for $30? Can you download it?

Thanks for the answers guys!

5. Patrick_S

Patrick_S Producer

I'm fairly certain that the upgrade is only available from Palm via CD.

6. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer