What's new

Newbie needs HT advice "Got Hitachi 65S500 RP coming (1 Viewer)

Michael_C

Auditioning
Well I had hoped to get some feed back on this TV before pulling the trigger, but feel like I got a deal so couldn't wait. "Feedback still welcome and encouraged"

This is my first time in this realm of viewing pleasure and upgrading from a analog Toshiba 32" with no HT. I have been lurking the sight for a couple of days and have come to the conclusion that "I know nothing" about what you guys are talking about, and got a headache. So I will keep it very simple for now. My budget for a HT system is forcing my to look very hard at HTS IN A BOX for now any and all suggesting are welcome. So far I have been looking hard at the Onkyo HT-S667C which includes a DVD player and can be had for about $640.00 to my door. The receiver is model # HT-R410 and the DVD player is model # DV-CP701. Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike
Update: forget the HTS in the box:D been reading up on receivers and functions they preform, from the low end models like the out dated model I almost bought above to some of the higher end models. I realized real quick how limited this set up was going to be. I would be waisting time and money...not to mention upgrading. Here's the deal, I still have a budget but managed to stretch her out a bit more...sorry honey:D

OK all that being said where is the money best spent on the HTS? Are the speakers going to give me the best bang for the buck? What features should the DVD player have for sure, and if the receiver has all the latest decoding and is processing the audio end does the DVD player need to be real high end? Can someone please steer me in the right direction here. So far I have the above mentioned Hitachi 65S500 coming, and like what I have read on the Onkyo TX-SR700 DTS Receiver. What should I look for as far as features and specs in the rest....speakers,DVD player?
Thanks Mike

brentl

Senior HTF Member
For a strong wife acceptance factor look at speakers like the Energy Take 5.2m, or the similar speakers from Athena.

Very good value, and the wife MAY forgive you. They both come in a piano gloss black that look great.

As for DVD players, just get something from the bigger MFGers ...Sony,Toshiba,Jvc,Pioneer, ETC and you'll be fine.

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks