What's new

Newbie needs advice on two HT options Denon 1612 and old speakers or Yamaha YHT-395BL (1 Viewer)

tbenedict

Auditioning
Real Name
Travis Benedict
Hello, I have an older 800W Panasonic SA-HT720 HTIB that I am looking at replacing since it does not have adequate inputs. I have a decent size living room that is not enclosed. Since I am on a tight budget, I think I have narrowed my options down to" 1) By a refurb Denon 1612 from the site mentioned here, a Yamaha YST-SW216BL sub from Amazon, and reuse my existing speakers. Note mine all say 4 ohm impedence with the corners saying 70w max and the center 260w max. 2) By a Yamaha YHT-395BL that is currently on sale for 280+tax at a local retailer. I like the idea of the Denon's auto set up and I could upgrade the speakers in a few years, but I am not sure if my speakers are really compatible with a "real" receiver. I am trying to stay around $300. Any help/guidance is much appreciated. Travis

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The Denon will not handle your speakers. They could damage the receiver. Check out the Onkyo HT-S3400. It comes with a much better receiver. I found one on Amazon for under $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks