What's new

Newbie in search of projector advise... (1 Viewer)

Mike Puett

Grip
Will soon be buying first projector for dedicated home theater. Unfortunately, not able to view different projectors due to location so I'm doing as much research on line as possible. All advice and suggestions will be very welcome.

Room is 20x12x9 with full control of light. To be used primarily for watching movies with progressive scan DVD, occasional VHS, currently no HDTV but tomorrow.... Based on research so far, am considering the following projectors (in no particular order):

Sanyo PLV-60HT

Sanyo PLC-XP21N

Sony VPL-VW10HT

Sony VPL-400Q

NEC VT 540

NEC VT 155/156

Will probably purchase over ebay or classifieds. Budget flexible but am looking for the best bang for my buck. Am strongly considering a used 400Q ($1200) for my intro to HT. Logic - HT projector technology is in a phase of rapid development and will be able to get this year's top models for bottom $ next year; or, wuld I be better off to spend $3-4K now and get a projector that I'll be happy with for several years.

TIA...

D

Deleted member 270281

Mike,

as the proud owner of now 2 400q's (I just got my second one a couple of months ago), I agree with you, they are great value at the prices you can find them for and they still hold up VERY well against the competition. I just hooked HDTV up to one of mine for the first time, wow!

Andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks