What's new

Newbie Help- Sony Sa-ve 535's? (1 Viewer)

Andy Sz

Grip
I'm just starting to build my HT and I'd love some advice. I currently have a Sony STR-475DE receiver and a Philips 973CH dvd player. My speakers are a collection of handme downs: old Kenwoods for the front and 2 freebie KLH sats for the rear, no sub.

I was looking around for a speaker package and had it narrowed down to one "expensive choice" (bose am-6III) and a "cheaper" one (Sony sa-ve535). My wife insists on small speakers. After reading your opinions of Bose, I threw that out. But I am intrigued by the JBL NSP-1's. Should I make those my #1 choice? Any info on the Sony's?

The area measures 12x20 and has cathedral ceilings and hardwood floors. I'll be using the system for movies 90% of the time.

THANK YOU for your advice.

Juan_R

Supporting Actor
I would go with the JBL's all the way. In your room I would actually go with full range speakers in the front but I see that is not a choice.

Andy Sz

Grip
Thanks Juan. After reading these forums for most of today, I agree with you that the JBL's are the way to go. Convincing the wife that we should go with those "huge" speakers as she calls them is the tricky part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks